How many people here have never been a pax???

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Always an Ant. Never a pax in my 4 years of driving.

I wouldn't try and copy what another driver does. I think each driver performs unique to how he/she choses to work their area of preference. Some strive for quality of rides and some want quality. Some like short hauls and some will only do long hauls. Some love grocery store runs and pools, some shuffle at the slightest hint of displeasure.

You have to figure out through trial and error what works best for you.

Last edited:

Coachman

I've been a pax. And I'll attest that all these drivers who claim they do a perfect job aren't telling the truth. I've had a filthy car. I've had a car that stunk. I've had a driver who drove with his phone in his lap. I've had a driver who sped and almost got in an accident. I had one driver who tried to shuffle me. I've taken about ten Ubers altogether. And besides those I listed, they were all fine.

WindyCityAnt

I wouldn't try and copy what another driver does. I think each driver performs unique to how he/she choses to work their area of preference. Some strive for quality of rides and some want quality. Some like short hauls and some will only do long hauls. Some love grocery store runs and pools, some shuffle at the slightest hint of displeasure.

You out of everybody here has never been a pax yet in 4 years!!!’ 😯

You one of those laid back ones then. Or always gotta hookup! I think the ladder with you.

WindyCityAnt

Drivers get timed out from in app tips! This is true. Just another way for Uber to control your income, cash is king.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah I’ve never been a pax.

Would riding Uber/Lyft and seeing what other drivers do help my Ubering???
Yes you learn the roads better without having the chance of being responsible for an accident.

As a driver, i recommend not paying attention to the navigation in there app. Its awful at best. Until you get really close. No drivers us it either Ubers, or Lyfts.

Last edited:

peteyvavs

I’ve never taken an U/L as a passenger and never will. As a former driver I will not support neither company with my money after seeing how abusive both companies are to drivers.

WindyCityAnt

I still will always request an Uber. Dont use Lyft on pax, or drive for them, they are like the Taxis here are very bad to there people for many years, making Uber here that much more saturated by the market beyond belief, less that 1 min wait times sometimes. Cash tip to extra take care of them in person. If you tip in app, it times the driver out for them to try and stage you.

If i want to go out for a night, and have few drinks. Thats fine but always support your driver.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
I’m just a phone call away and 3,000 miles 😝
Vegas is closer....:wink:

But I know people here in Seattle. Also, I'm the type of person who will walk if it's less than a couple of miles. As long as I'm able bodied, which I am, no need to waste an Ants time with a 3 minute drive somewhere.

I've been the driver several times for some of the local drivers on the Seattle board, but that was prearranged. Also one time a local driver gave me a ride somewhere, but I stil don't consider myself a pax because I paid him cash, much more than he would have made had he done this on the app.

peteyvavs

Vegas is closer....:wink:

But I know people here in Seattle. Also, I'm the type of person who will walk if it's less than a couple of miles. As long as I'm able bodied, which I am, no need to waste an Ants time with a 3 minute drive somewhere.

I've been the driver several times for some of the local drivers on the Seattle board, but that was prearranged. Also one time a local driver gave me a ride somewhere, but I stil don't consider myself a pax because I paid him cash, much more than he would have made had he done this on the app.
But I can take you on a tour of all the mob dump sites, bet no other driver can do that 😁

waldowainthrop

Yeah I’ve never been a pax.

Would riding Uber/Lyft and seeing what other drivers do help my Ubering???
I disagree with the consensus here. I think it helps to be a passenger from time to time, although it isn’t essential. Most drivers are fairly clueless about important aspects of human interaction and the gig and all you can learn from them is what not to do. Maybe 1 in 8 is a real professional and you might find something to emulate there. Most of the stuff that pros do is pretty obvious if you have a couple hundred rides under your belt, though. Knowing what to do and actually doing it consistently are two different things.

The main thing you can learn from it is empathy for passengers (your customers) and an understanding of the struggles and foibles of other drivers (your competition and possible friends).