How many of you guys have been pick-up by a driver that does not match the picture or gender of the account holder?

Uber burn in hell

Everyone is talking about immigration issues, but I’ve been picked up as pax many times with vehicles and drivers that didn’t match the drivers account holder, I never reported anything, 3x by a guy, when the driver was supposed to be a female as an example( always gave an excuse) last guy said his wife was sick.
CARS that were other than as described on the drivers account: many times. Last excuse “ I hit a deer last nite and I’m using my mother’s car”, so I’m sure there are a lot of people pulling this shade stunt.

Lightning1181

This is exactly why I tell ALL my pox to always check the plate before ever opening the door. Then they need to see if the driver even remotely resembles the one on the pox app. If either of these things are not right, walk away. You, as a driver, should have a better grasp on this, basically the phony azz drivers you have encountered are stealing your work. Why condone it by NOT reporting the scammer? I know I sure the hell would.

bobby747

my wife took 1 of those..pict was 65 y/o driver was 20,s i reported him....play by simple rules..what if he was just realesed from jail.if the picture was his dad or uncle...easy to sign him up..i am taking to many selfies at night to prove i am me..some nights 3 . tired of it

Lightning1181

I have this people the benefit of doubt you know, but now I’m starting to realize the magnitude of the problem and consequences. Will do from now on?
Just think about that unfortunate young lady down in South Carolina. Had the imposter driver been reported sooner, she might still be alive. I tell pox all the time how easy it is to buy trade dress on eBay and Amazon, coupled with the high turnover rate, there are an awful lot of dubious characters out there that know our business. Just flip on the u/l light and roll up to any popular bar at closing time and pick your victim. As u/l are really not policing the drivers, it almost becomes required of us to do it.

bobby747

well I was away and my wife took ride far. driver bragging he just got D.L. so if you see me as a dick it's ok. I pay 5k ins for commercial wav..ins..his cost to borrow car free....my wife rides like 4 times a year. I disagree with you.
also my wife is happy go lucky and never checked tag #. just wanting a ride...what if he was a nut job.
so uber whola....you feel it's ok to be wrong driver??? I usually agree with you on many things..not reporting him ..bullshit..he was 25 years younger than the driver she paid for...

TBNexCHaQ8jrSFTc2JsP

When a driver's vehicle is getting serviced or repaired do you think the kind of people that drive rideshare will sit home until the work is done and not make money? NOPE. They jump in another vehicle and do what they must until they get the car back. And if you don't understand how the game works, most indian/pakistani/egyptian drivers sign up using 1 person's information and 3 or 4 of them will drive when the others are tired.

bobby747

one was 20 years old 1 65 years old... you can agree all you want . sharing the car voids tos.......I am not a ra ra uber guy . but its wrong imho. if they want to share like that do a taxi...

SuzeCB

When a driver's vehicle is getting serviced or repaired do you think the kind of people that drive rideshare will sit home until the work is done and not make money? NOPE. They jump in another vehicle and do what they must until they get the car back. And if you don't understand how the game works, most indian/pakistani/egyptian drivers sign up using 1 person's information and 3 or 4 of them will drive when the others are tired.
That's fine. The problem is when the driver account and the driver don't match up. You can share a car with other drivers with accounts, no problem, so long as they're all named on the insurance.

Lightning1181

one was 20 years old 1 65 years old... you can agree all you want . sharing the car voids tos.......I am not a ra ra uber guy . but its wrong imho. if they want to share like that do a taxi...
The problem with them doing it as a taxi, every town in the state of NJ requires all taxi drivers to be fingerprinted and licensed by that particular town. That way Rohit can not have his 27 cousins driving under his account, if say, the cousins get pulled over. Imagine if U/L started doing real background checks and issuing actual driver ID cards (ie: NYC placards), there would be more than enough work to go around for us legal drivers.