Uber Drivers Forum banner

how many months have you waited after you got Your driving License to apply to become an Uber Driver?

2K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  Yellow driver 
#1 ·
how many months have you waited after you got Your driving License to apply to become an Uber Driver? How long did the whole process take?

#16 · (Edited)
You know u love the pain. Pain is pleasure and each ping gets u closer and closer.... :roflmao:

Got my license at 17. First car at 18. Got my tlc license at 19. Drove yellow from 04-18. Uber from 18-present. Expect to be dead by 2025. Im 33.
It's ok. Those self driving cars along with artificial intelligence will develop a mind of their own and destroy/enslave humanity by 2028. So you wont be missing much

The second I got my drivers license, I went and applied for my TLC license like 95% of the drivers in this industry at this moment.
My dad said I wont amount to anything in life and didnt allow me to get a drivers license when I was younger. So I became an uber driver and showed him what I'm capable of!

Welcome to the suck
LOL.

#6 ·
As soon as the instructor gave me the paper license i walked in the uber office and was getting raped the very next day. It was so easy. Yea it hurts at first but then you find your favorite brand of lube and it gets easier. I still cry curled up in the shower after a long shift tho. ?
? same here
no one accepted to rent me a car except luxor with 1000$ deposit and 500$ weekly

#18 ·
this industry and especially in nyc is not for the "just got my drivers license" to be in.
Sad that this should be the case but you and I both know 80% of the fresh off the boat literally got a driver's license and did Uber like 2 weeks later with absolutely no knowledge of nyc. And years later they wonder why they have accidents upon accidents and tickets upon tickets for dumb shit. You can tell just by looking to your left and right who is comfortable driving and who is not.

#19 ·
20 years. I received my license in 1997 and applied for uber in 2017.

Sad that this should be the case but you and I both know 80% of the fresh off the boat literally got a driver's license and did Uber like 2 weeks later with absolutely no knowledge of nyc. And years later they wonder why they have accidents upon accidents and tickets upon tickets for dumb shit. You can tell just by looking to your left and right who is comfortable driving and who is not.
Those are the ones who messed it up for the deserving ones who can't get in now because of the vehicle cap and uber's wait list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.