• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How many months before Lyft starts getting demand all day like uber?

How long until Lyft demand gets busy?

• Total voters

Syed80888

I have two questions. Unforutely I don't drive for uber. Had incident and they deactivated me. So just driving lyft for now. Although it is really really slow. Most times there are no pings for 3+ hours. I initially thought maybe my phone gps was messed up. But there's just not enough demand. Usually I only get about 2-5 rides a day. I only drive during daytime before 7 pm. It's just hard to know where lyft demand is. Does anyone know of any hotspots for lyft? Maybe another 6 months then it will be really busy? Is anybody getting pings for lyft?

Last edited:

Syed80888

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh. So it gets a little busy more at night after 10 pm in midtown area? I usually drive daytime before 6 pm. And it's dead

Syed80888

I know in dallas lyft has great demand and you can make 800$ weekly lyft only. Or maybe lyft will never get busy like uber in Houston since it's been here longer?

PrestonT

From my understanding, Lyft will allow you to run a debit card but Uber requires a credit card. Therefore, I find "underserved" neighborhoods to be a good place to fish for Lyft riders.

Cou-ber

I l
I have two questions. Unforutely I don't drive for uber. Had incident and they deactivated me. So just driving lyft for now. Although it is really really slow. Most times there are no pings for 3+ hours. I initially thought maybe my phone gps was messed up. But there's just not enough demand. Usually I only get about 2-5 rides a day. I only drive during daytime before 7 pm. It's just hard to know where lyft demand is. Does anyone know of any hotspots for lyft? Maybe another 6 months then it will be really busy? Is anybody getting pings for lyft?
I live in 77074. I turn the app on at random and have in 7x gotten a ping 5 of those times within 20 mins. I've only done 2 rides and it suuuuuucks.....on uber when I drove these two rides would have been "long" and paid min $15+/-. On Lyft I got $9 and $10. Somebody in another thread theorized Lyft is being used more outside of the loop. Not sure if that was 610 or the fake loop Bltwy 8 but yep...I did get two 4 am-ish pings that were likely for the airport but I passed on it. I'm Lyft only. I got nothing for you. Download the nextdoor app for your area and post on there a flat fee for airport runs. I do $40 to bush and $25 to hobby. Uber runs about $50. Neighbors like helping neighbors and last time I posted my svvcs I easily got $425 in a week for about 9 runs. I still get requests now. But that'll help your revenue a bit. Let me know if it does please:smiles:!

Cou-ber

If I were driving uber I would have a notice in my car urging pax to download Lyft with my referral and talk about the sexual harassment scandals prevalent in Uber's hierarchy. Specifically with my female passengers because if it's one thing millenials care about it is being on top of the PC trends and this is a hot button with women (rightfully so!) big time and because every Lyft ride gets me referral bonuses it'd be a win win to push Lyft. So...fellow Uber drivers, would you and could you maybe pretty please do this??

Why were you deactivated by Uber?
Who? Me or who? Huh?

When rates changed in 1/2016 I was very vocal here and urging resistance and revolution. I suggested we accept rides and then stay put. Figured no change would occur without pax involved and pissing them off would have achieved this. So...I did but the ride wouldn't cancel when he realized I wasn't coming. My app froze and the only way to fix was to start and end ride. After this I immediately contacted uber to not charge the pax the whopping $5.32 as my bad at which point the pax regained texting abilities and was outraged he'd been charged and told me, "Oh you're gonna get it." Deactivated the next day. Official notice from uber was that I was removed for my 51% acceptance rate. Have that email still. They never did an investigation or asked me squat. Just done. (Sorry if you weren't asking me:/)

PepeLePiu

3 hours and no pings?
Try this...

Capture _2017-07-06-13-12-53.png

Syed80888

I'm going to try tonight in midtown after 10 pm. When I used to drive uber I could get multiple pings back to back right from my house ( hwy 6 bissonet area) With lyft it seems I have to drive more towards city to even get 1 ping. And then no pings for another 2 hours..even though I'm in the city.

darkshy77

One person in ptown use Lyft. Want my no. to set up pick ups I'm to part time for that. Now as anyone gotten more wingz trips or get me????

Syed80888

Does a screen protector case effect gps signal? Better to have it on phone or off?