How many gonna drop out

Will you drop out with new regulations

• yes

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

TrexG

If uber cars and others are to change number plates to the rumoured CV plates, and the possibility of commercial insurance (?), amongst other changes, how many of my fellow uber drivers will be dropping out?

UberPig

Im out regardless... There's not enough in it now... Let alone when the expenses go up.... and having to pay GST on Ubers 20% is the last straw.....

Last edited:

HumungousDill

Since so many of you appear to be dropping out I might stay in to scoop up the extra business hehe.

Seriously though I'm out as soon as I can find a proper job

Khanzada

I asked dot cv plates are optional according to them so is insurance. As far as they told me there is just vehicle registration cost which isn't enough to drop out

Scarface

For me personally uber helped me achieve a few things faster than I would normally would. My plan has always been to do it till FYE. Did it for roughly 3 months and will hang my shoes on June 30. Wish all the guys that stay behind well. Learnt a lotof valuable lessons from the experience. The biggest one being to appreciate a service that you've been provided no matter how little. I will now tip for any service, however most Aussie's think it's an insult if a non Aussie offers them a tip.

Pp23

For me personally uber helped me achieve a few things faster than I would normally would. My plan has always been to do it till FYE. Did it for roughly 3 months and will hang my shoes on June 30. Wish all the guys that stay behind well. Learnt a lotof valuable lessons from the experience. The biggest one being to appreciate a service that you've been provided no matter how little. I will now tip for any service, however most Aussie's think it's an insult if a non Aussie offers them a tip.
In this industry ,I don't think u will have problems tipping an aussie ,if u can find one of course :smiles:

Scarface

In this industry ,I don't think u will have problems tipping an aussie ,if u can find one of course :smiles:
I'm not talking specific to uber driving, I mean at the pub, at Maccas, anywhere where someone has given you a service and you just want to say thanks by tipping.

Sydney Uber

It's tough being a Cabbie. Harder for UberX drivers who only have one pipeline of income rather than the 4 sources that Taxis enjoy at a higher kilometre rate. (Street Hails, Taxi Ranks, Radio & private Bookings

Uber is fine with X drivers struggling, that makes them hungry and they work harder. The Cab industry works like that also. But before the cab market was diluted by Uber, a Cabbie used to able to make a living wage. That won't ever happen again.

Pp23

Have you noticed the moderator got out of his/her bed this morning and started editing our descriptive comments about what the hell is going on and how we feel. Sometimes these phrases and words are necessary to get ones point and frustration over regards this dilemma!
I've already been warned twice for bad abusive words ,auto corrected words ,sentences that imply bad things.
Don't want to be banned for a week again.

Pp23

I miss typing the c word ,can't even use punt, dunt ,K#nt ,duck ,ducking , hope I don't get another warning email for this ,or possible weekly ban. If so cya u useless c words :smiles: