Say it's Christmas time...

And an Uber partner...

Wants to give out a few free rides...

Just how many times could you do this..

Before Uber deactivates you...???

Sounds like a SadUber move...8>)

Any ideas out there...?

Rakos
istock-18586699-monkey-computer_wide-b549011bc9eacc7431d89ca042874c1e9950c1ac.jpg

FormerTaxiDriver

On Uber: Usually I will do that if I made a mistake and feel guilty about it. Not often enough to remember it, but my very first ride was screw-up newby mistake.

Cab ride: more often by kicking out a fare, or somebody just plainly wasting my time. On New Years, I'll probably turn the radio off and roam around picking up flags. Drunks are more likely to compromise the fare.

Atom guy

God no, don't be doing this. I used to sell cars, and we'd have sad sack salesmen offering to buy floor mats and other accessories OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKET if the customer bought the car. Ridiculous. There's no way I'm giving out free rides.

Cableguynoe

God no, don't be doing this. I used to sell cars, and we'd have sad sack salesmen offering to buy floor mats and other accessories OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKET if the customer bought the car. Ridiculous. There's no way I'm giving out free rides.
Now it makes sense why they always "forget" at the end until I reminded them.
I've gotten mats before.

Last time I went with my nephew who was buying a brand new accord.
Got him to give us 2 caps they had in their display cases, an accord cap and a civic cap (I have the civic).
Very nice caps.
I think they sold for like $30 each.

I'm sure he got an employee discount but I always wondered if they had to pay out of their pocket.

Guy almost forgot to get our hats.

Good thing I reminded him :biggrin:

Jufkii

Better than the last dealer I went to who "forgot" to subtract a $4000 rebate,clearly advertised beforehand, from the final price of a vehicle I almost bought.

I in turn,"forgot" my checkbook, left and went home. I then "forgot" about doing business with those Shysters ever again.

Last edited:

Cableguynoe

Technically, the PAX are NOT paying for the driver....they are barely covering the COST of the car ride.
(I.E. Gas, Oil, Tires, Depreciation, Tolls)

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The cost of the car ride is irrelevant to the customer. Only what they are being charged is important.
And rides arent always dirt cheap. Sometimes pax are paying a decent amount for the rides.
The driver just isnt getting in on that.

rickasmith98

And an Uber partner...

Sounds like a SadUber move...8>)

Any ideas out there...?

Rakos
View attachment 189240
Have often thought for your regular customers that you see frequently, it would be nice to do something like that or when it's their birthday. You'd think that as many free rides as Lyft gives out for people complaining they could at least send a free trip to someone on their birthday.

Or better yet, maybe do like the airlines and give us so many buddy passes we can use either for ourselves as riders or to give to whomever we want for their rides. Maybe 10 a year or something as a perk. But does perk and Lyft/Uber belong in the same sentence?

I_Like_Spam

And an Uber partner...

Not that many I'm sure. Uber isn't in the business of free rides, you're supposed to be out there making money for them. Not riding people for free.

Cableguynoe

Have often thought for your regular customers that you see frequently, it would be nice to do something like that or when it's their birthday. You'd think that as many free rides as Lyft gives out for people complaining they could at least send a free trip to someone on their birthday.

Or better yet, maybe do like the airlines and give us so many buddy passes we can use either for ourselves as riders or to give to whomever we want for their rides. Maybe 10 a year or something as a perk. But does perk and Lyft/Uber belong in the same sentence?
If they're regular customers, they're already getting deals on a regular basis.
I'm constantly getting from both Uber and Lyft.

Currently have 50% off rides from Lyft

IMG_0458.jpg