How many drivers have a serious case of FOMO right now????

SpeedoKing

(Fear Of Missing Out) haha...I drove earlier today and made great bread. But holy crap are people actually paying 4x+ for rides???!! I almost walked outta dinner with my fiance in DTLA an hour ago haha....no, but it's really funny to see all this FOMO going on in the forum. LA life.

PacificCoast

Got ride from long beach to Huntington Beach at 6pm. From what I can see from passenger app because I was constantly on trip on driver app, it surged 3-6x non-stop from 6pm to 1am and beyond. I got a few over 4x but mostly short rides

mandreyka

Got ride from long beach to Huntington Beach at 6pm. From what I can see from passenger app because I was constantly on trip on driver app, it surged 3-6x non-stop from 6pm to 1am and beyond. I got a few over 4x but mostly short rides
Yep there were lots of shorties around HB before the fireworks. What pax were doing is parking in lots as close as they could get them calling uber, if I saw it was in a parking lot I just let it go or canceled it.

The trick was to drop and app off and get far away then app back on. Instant ping.

After a while got some longer rides by getting away from the beach but still 3x then got a ride back down there in time to catch another 5.6. BP was fairly dead but surging like crazy

Shaitan1

The fact I was continually checking my phone when I was with my family and findjng myself getting upset when I saw I was missing good driving times was a pretty good indicator for me it was time to pull the plug and stop driving (among other reasons) If you really need the $$ and don't have other options do what you gotta do.

But for me I felt driving wasn't worth the cost it was having on my soul for a variety of reasons, including this one.