How many cleaning fees have you charged?

RaleighUber440

How many cleaning fees have you charged through Uber since you started? This includes anything ranging from $10-$150. It can range anywhere from sanitation to puke.

I've charged about 5 this year. Been kinda a bad stretch for me since more pax have been trashing my car lately. I was wondering if anyone else has been having this problem.

grayspinner

2 years 2800 rides for uber, 960 rides for lyft & 2 cleaning fees for uber & 1 for lyft.

One for ketchup on my seats & one for mud all over the floorboards. My lyft cleaning fee was for vomit on the outside of my car.

Hogg

Somewhere around 10 in 7,000 trips. Much less since I quit driving at night.

One was for excessive B.O. Another dummy had an open beer in his pocket that, of course, spilled.

l3th4l

0 out of 2197 rides.

1286 rides on Lyft
911 on Uber

I've applied for it once and they turned me down.

RaleighUber440

I'm slightly surprised by how nice everyone is. I guess maybe I'm a bit a of a hard-ass on this one. I do work mostly late nites though.

Zero in 1,500 rides. Many of them late night club pickups in Vegas.

Knock on wood.

Are you a professional gambler out there in Vegas? If so, I'd like to meet you out that way sometime. That's an impressive ratio for late nites I must say.

Disgusted Driver

My memory is foggy, I'm thinking 5 or 6 over 6K+ trips. 3 of those were for ($40 Uber, $20 Lyft) vomit on the outside of the car incidents. I've been lucky, seem some Exorcist quality hurls in pics on UPnet, never had anything that hard to clean up.

Now, I have stopped many a time on the side or middle of the road but that's a whole nother story.

Rittz19007

2 but I keep puke bags in my car that saved them 5 times now and one was not from puking was from jack asses who poored soda on his friend So with the surge rate the 40 bucks I charged them to go to cook out the 80 buck cleaning fee Jack asses paid 172 bucks for 11 miles

RaleighUber440

I haven't had any gruesome incidents, but a lot of minor ones. I've had my fair share of pool morons - for some reason, a lot of folks out there seem to think its ok to ride an Uber with soaking wet bathing suits. Even on the hottest summer days, that shit takes time to dry and clean. Cause and effect!!

Rittz19007

I haven't had any gruesome incidents, but a lot of minor ones. I've had my fair share of pool morons - for some reason, a lot of folks out there seem to think its ok to ride an Uber with soaking wet bathing suits. Even on the hottest summer days, that shit takes time to dry and clean. Cause and effect!!
I keep shower towels in my car and a small blanket Mostly for my dog But if there wet and there trying to get in NP I treat them like my dog and they cant sit directly on the seats

RaleighUber440

I got more than 10 in 2400 trips most of them are year ago, 2 of them was in one night, and I'm counting only the inside pukes only

Glad Im not the only one who doesn't take this issue lightly!!! I mean, it shouldn't be our jobs to have puke bags, and towels for the seats. If the pax is irresponsible, they need to be punished and fined. The whole purpose of the cleaning fee is to deter it from happening again. It won't be deterred if you are too nice to them. I still have a dash-cam for backup, in case any dispute.

Mido toyota

Glad Im not the only one who doesn't take this issue lightly!!! I mean, it shouldn't be our jobs to have puke bags, and towels for the seats. If the pax is irresponsible, they need to be punished and fined. The whole purpose of the cleaning fee is to deter it from happening again. It won't be deterred if you are too nice to them. I still have a dash-cam for backup, in case any dispute.
Man it's I always throw up whenever I clean this shit, by they way most of pukes happens in chapil hill

RaleighUber440

Interesting. I've gotten quite lucky overall with puke, as I never have had a Dukie or Tar-Heal throw up in my car. I work a lot of late nites too. I did have one NC State student barf all over the exterior, but that was it.

Last edited:

Scott Lake

I had someone accidentally dump their cooler, completely soaking my back seat. Took two days to dry but Uber wouldn't give me a cleaning fee because it was 'only' water and they refused to compensate me for lost revenue due to the wet seats.