How long to make $200-$300

Timmyc

I'm thinking of starting ubering soon for some additional income.

I'm only really looking to make around $100-$150 per week after GST and tax (I plan to leave 50% aside hence "$200-$300").

Howany driving hours are people doing in order to make $200-$300 after Uber's cut?

I probably would be driving during Brisbane's surge period if this helps!

QLDUberDriver

These days it seems to be up to 12 hours to make $200-$300 before all other expenses and tax. Average of 300-400 km for that so take out also petrol also. I dont have links to the other data but you can search for other posts about this in more detail.

Also, dont rely on surges as they are not consistent and a normal rate longer job may pay more then 5 short surge jobs. Youll need to test certain areas and spots along with times to see what works but it can be random that you get even better jobs outside surge and cbd. Abit of luck sometimes.

kawanabanana

You are doing real well. I have been on line since 6 am today for one job $6.80 after Uber %25 in 2 hours.
Hoping it will pick up, its now 8 am. I rejected a Pelican waters Job, at least 25 mins from me.
Uber stinks. No money in it all. Passengers whom would normally catch a bus now use Uber and expect to pay bus fares.
I suggest they should wait for the RSL courtesy bus to run, its free.
I am looking for other employment fast.

clintz

I am new to Uber, and I know the dollars maybe low, having said that I set a really high budget to get rid of debt, I am trying to get into a routine, this morning, I rocked up 2 hrs late, wanted to be on road at 7am, anyhows bit quiet after 9am, but managed four trips, got $30, nearly paid for car. gave up cause pings were so far apart. (I finish work (other job) at midnight, so trying to balance rest and so on) did switch on pax app, so, many cars here, so I drove into city or headed that way, got a job at mt gravatt to city. but yep. gunna be very interesting xmas.

QLDUberDriver

I am new to Uber, and I know the dollars maybe low, having said that I set a really high budget to get rid of debt, I am trying to get into a routine, this morning, I rocked up 2 hrs late, wanted to be on road at 7am, anyhows bit quiet after 9am, but managed four trips, got $30, nearly paid for car. gave up cause pings were so far apart. (I finish work (other job) at midnight, so trying to balance rest and so on) did switch on pax app, so, many cars here, so I drove into city or headed that way, got a job at mt gravatt to city. but yep. gunna be very interesting xmas.
Wait till start of 2017 to see real drop in income. I made comments about how many cars this time last year, its double the density of cars now. This years Xmas busy will be last years quiet. I think this is the last rush to make good what you can.

I'm working hard on my exit plan before the next rate drops. This only a good temp option if your are doing another business start up. As a full time income is too risky to plan your life on that income alone.

Ryan hall

I only work Saturday nights and average around $500 - $600 Saturday just gone I had my biggest night with $800 but that was with $388 of surge

Thing

Wait till start of 2017 to see real drop in income. I made comments about how many cars this time last year, its double the density of cars now. This years Xmas busy will be last years quiet. I think this is the last rush to make good what you can.

I'm working hard on my exit plan before the next rate drops. This only a good temp option if your are doing another business start up. As a full time income is too risky to plan your life on that income alone.
My plan is a big NYE & then stop at the next rate drop, which I think will be in Jan/Feb.............. I'm almost out now lol.............. I only do Fri/Sat night surges which is only 3 hours each night............ & last few weeks Fri night surges have almost dried up :confused:

QLDUberDriver

I only work Saturday nights and average around $500 - $600 Saturday just gone I had my biggest night with $800 but that was with $388 of surge
Out of curiosity what hours are you doing? I remem the days when you could push for those numbers quite easy.

Symdrome3353

Hey, I just started driving. Done 7 hours last week over thurs, Fri and sun night. I made 200 after ubers cut. That was with only $5 of surge. So when taking tax into consideration is say you'd need to do close to 15 hrs

QLDUberDriver

I usually start around 6pm and finish 5am
Thats not bad but can only imagine the riders you have to expereince at those hours. Im guessing your doing about 600 odd kms for that. I have a measure worst case I do $1 Gross per 1km driven. Then ccalculate the hours and hopefully works out to between $35 - $45 per hr gross.

But anyway hope you get more of those evenings.