• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How long or UBER to respond to vomit cleaning...

Don Oldenburg

Saturday afternoon I had a vomit incident. Wasn't bad as I have vomit bags, etc in the car. Thank got they found it in time! LOL.

There was some splatter, and a wet seat, not sure what caused the wet seat as I assume she hit the bag... there wasn't any chunks ...

Took pictures, submited it for a cleaning charge... That was Saturday. NOT A SINGLE WORD FROM THEM SINCE. I took it to detailer first thing Sunday -- had shampoo'd, deoderized, disinfected, etc.. the Usual... And then was down all day sunday, and portion of the day monday as it was still sorta damp.

Again, not a PEEP from UBER. I drive every Friday and Saturday night bar crowd -- along with the rest of the week during days, etc... and if I can't count on UBER backing me up -- why am I driving for them?

Allthehawgmaws

Since we're on the topic, vomit bags, what have you found? I initially made my own from large paper sacks and plastic bags but recently found Emesis Bags (Medline and Dynarex). They seem to go for about 50-60 cents each. Anybody found anything better at that price point?

RogerJS

Since we're on the topic, vomit bags, what have you found? I initially made my own from large paper sacks and plastic bags but recently found Emesis Bags (Medline and Dynarex). They seem to go for about 50-60 cents each. Anybody found anything better at that price point?
I keep one gallon plastic storage bags with the zipper seal in the car. Large enough to catch everything, doesn't rip and zips closed for easy disposal

Last edited:

The UberNator

Saturday afternoon I had a vomit incident. Wasn't bad as I have vomit bags, etc in the car. Thank got they found it in time! LOL.

There was some splatter, and a wet seat, not sure what caused the wet seat as I assume she hit the bag... there wasn't any chunks ...

Took pictures, submited it for a cleaning charge... That was Saturday. NOT A SINGLE WORD FROM THEM SINCE. I took it to detailer first thing Sunday -- had shampoo'd, deoderized, disinfected, etc.. the Usual... And then was down all day sunday, and portion of the day monday as it was still sorta damp.

Again, not a PEEP from UBER. I drive every Friday and Saturday night bar crowd -- along with the rest of the week during days, etc... and if I can't count on UBER backing me up -- why am I driving for them?
Keep emailing them

SorryBluetoothOnly

If you're not getting a response, try creating a new email with a different subject rather than replying to the same one you already sent. It might get assigned to someone different who is available to respond sooner. I don't know how it works - I just know that sometimes helps.

Nine times out of 10, they're going to try to shortchange you, saying that the severity of the pictures you submitted only warrants...blah, blah, blah. It's in their interest to keep the fee low, the customer happy and using Uber. Don't accept it. If you really had a professional cleaner, great, you have a receipt to back up your expense. If you don't have a receipt, Google for businesses that provide seat shampooing / steam cleaning services and be prepared to send those links as supporting evidence of your out-of-pocket costs.

Jim Gowin

Had the same issue Saturday night Pomona. I always check my car after a ride and I noticed it right away. I selected trip and fair review and it gave me a place to request a cleaning fee. I receive my cleaning fee within 30 minutes and the rider was charged.

Probably a good idea that I carry vomit bags since I pick up drunks at the bars. Thanks for the tip guys .

Had the same issue Saturday night Pomona. I always check my car after a ride and I noticed it right away. I selected trip and fair review and it gave me a place to request a cleaning fee. I receive my cleaning fee within 30 minutes and the rider was charged.

Probably a good idea that I carry vomit bags since I pick up drunks at the bars. Thanks for the tip guys .
How bad was it ??? Dod u atleast get some good surge ??

Jim Gowin

I drive Friday and Saturday nites and I am lucky if I see a surge. Frankly it has been like this all summer and I don't expect it to change. BTW Hard Halloween is not happening this year per their web site.