how long is the Select queue @ SNA (JWA) usually? is there really one, or does it just hit randomly?

eman1122

The queue is utter crap at SNA. I can just driver through the area with my app on and I'll get a ping for pick up. So, to answer your questions, I would say it's random at best.

Adieu

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The queue is utter crap at SNA. I can just driver through the area with my app on and I'll get a ping for pick up. So, to answer your questions, I would say it's random at best.
X, Select, or Lyft?

Also, does the designated staging zone block outside pings or not???

eman1122

X and Lyft.

I'm not sure if the staging zone blocks outside pings. I would think it wouldn't since that's where drivers are staged to get pings. To make a long story short: You don't need to be in the staging lot across from SNA in order to get a ping to the airport. From my experience, I've received pings driving north and south on MacArthur, or passing though southbound on the 405.

mandreyka

X, Select, or Lyft?

Also, does the designated staging zone block outside pings or not???
No it does not block outside pings, most of your pings will come from outside but on select most cars there will take them.

Old Smokey

Trade that Select car in and get a good X car. Most people in Irvine are dumb enough to waste money on Select. Best chance is Newport at 1:45am when X cars are surging at 3.5.

Adieu

Trade that Select car in and get a good X car. Most people in Irvine are dumb enough to waste money on Select. Best chance is Newport at 1:45am when X cars are surging at 3.5.
Dont want no Xrejects from Newport in my car

Not worth it.

Anyway Im >300 for the week already and I barely worked at all... Not panhandling for "how the heck do I make any money???" advice here, just overslept the morning runs, only had one ride (granny to Albertsons :-/) and wanna scope out a new option

Only wanted to have a ballpark figure to help make sense of this, to see if whatever results I get are typical or not, and to figure out when to call it quits if nothing materializes

mandreyka

Select in OC sucks, I did it for 9 months.
Ya you get some nice rides but overall it's over saturated and the idiots don't stop driving up and down the roads bumper humping.

I'm much happier now

Adieu

Select in OC sucks, I did it for 9 months.
Ya you get some nice rides but overall it's over saturated and the idiots don't stop driving up and down the roads bumper humping.

I'm much happier now
Happier with? X in LA?

Dunno man... I'm @ 7 rides in the week, $440

Hardly feels like I worked at all