How long does it take to get your first ride with uberX?

Average lag time between going online and getting your first rider of the day (pick two)

• 0-5 minutes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 6-10 minutes

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • 11-20 minutes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 21-30 minutes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 31-60 minutes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Over 60 minutes

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

nomogmos

It always seems to take a long time before I get my first trip of the day. Does anyone else experience this? I imagine the wait times are significantly different for the different levels (x, xl, select, black, delivery (anybody here do delivery?)

Frontier Guy

really depend on the day, this morning I signed in at 3:30 am, got my first hit on Lyft after 13 minutes, never got a hit on Uber, finally signed off after 90 minutes. Thursday morning, got my first Uber X after 10 minutes.

mattadams

I live in Longmont, where there isn't a TON of traffic, but depending on how much I want to make money I often will just wait at home for my first ride. Sometimes I have gotten one within 30 seconds to a minute... if theres few ubers in town and someone is really waiting for a ride.... sometimes I've went for hours and gotten nothing... at which point I just get impatient and head to boulder or denver, LOL.

The Ombudsman

I tend to fire up both apps at home once I'm ready to go. I've gotten a ping as soon as two minutes and as long as screw-this-I'm-going-somewhere-else.