• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How long does it take to get your first ride with uberX?

Average lag time between going online and getting your first rider of the day (pick two)

• 0-5 minutes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 6-10 minutes

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • 11-20 minutes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 21-30 minutes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 31-60 minutes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Over 60 minutes

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

nomogmos

It always seems to take a long time before I get my first trip of the day. Does anyone else experience this? I imagine the wait times are significantly different for the different levels (x, xl, select, black, delivery (anybody here do delivery?)

Frontier Guy

really depend on the day, this morning I signed in at 3:30 am, got my first hit on Lyft after 13 minutes, never got a hit on Uber, finally signed off after 90 minutes. Thursday morning, got my first Uber X after 10 minutes.

mattadams

I live in Longmont, where there isn't a TON of traffic, but depending on how much I want to make money I often will just wait at home for my first ride. Sometimes I have gotten one within 30 seconds to a minute... if theres few ubers in town and someone is really waiting for a ride.... sometimes I've went for hours and gotten nothing... at which point I just get impatient and head to boulder or denver, LOL.

The Ombudsman

I tend to fire up both apps at home once I'm ready to go. I've gotten a ping as soon as two minutes and as long as screw-this-I'm-going-somewhere-else.