how long do you wait for pax?

Destiny2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been cancelling every ride request after two minutes. The rider gets charged cancelation fee.. So I am wondering if there is an exact time frame

NFIH

Five minutes for a regular pickup. Ninety percent of the time I text them as soon as I arrive because the app doesn't always alert the passenger that I've actually arrived and says that I'm still X minutes away.

I sometimes wait a bit longer if it's a really slow day anyway, or if I have a sense that the passenger deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Destiny2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh ok. Thanks!
I guess I haven't given the pax a fair chance then. I feel bad now

LAS0023

On a couple of trips today pax told me the app showed I was still 5 minutes away so they weren't expecting me. Regardless it depends on how busy I am.

Harry70

Get the cancellation and run; people like u make rider wait us ; how rider are ready to poo in two min.

boom888

5 mins...depending. At the 3-4 mins mark I call the rider if they're still not out and tell them I'm here and have been for a few minutes. I also ask them casually where we're headed. If it's a short distance, I cancel at exactly 5 mins if they're still not out and take my cut of the cancellation fee. Would rather do that than the extra $1-$2 dollars the fare would have given me at the expense of gas, mileage. time and effort. If it's a long fare or surged over 1.5 I'll wait the extra 2-3 mins if need be.

Campark

I dont pick anyone up. Just cancel them all... sometimes i throw money at people as i drive away... yall aint ubering for money r you??? I do it for the smells of the different people.