How long do you drive?

I currently live in the Chicago suburbs. Driving 6-7 hours on a Saturday, I make about $100-130. I make a little less on Fridays.

I'm moving to LA in January and my to-be roommate is telling me how Uber is off the chain in LA and the drivers she knows make $100-250 on a Friday and $500 in just a weekend. I'm wondering how long those drivers work for. I asked her and she hasn't gotten back to me yet.

LA drivers, how long do you drive a day and how much do you make per day, on average?

Geepney

I currently live in the Chicago suburbs. Driving 6-7 hours on a Saturday, I make about $100-130. I make a little less on Fridays.

I'm moving to LA in January and my to-be roommate is telling me how Uber is off the chain in LA and the drivers she knows make $100-250 on a Friday and $500 in just a weekend. I'm wondering how long those drivers work for. I asked her and she hasn't gotten back to me yet.

LA drivers, how long do you drive a day and how much do you make per day, on average?
Don't drive out here. LA core is over populated with drivers. You can find more answers and info by just browsing this forum.

UberIsAllFubared

I usually drive 10-14 hours straight. Since you never know where you are gonna wind up (Los Angeles and Orange County are huge) and could wind up a long way from home, I personally thinks its advantageous to drive long days. For me, time flys. 6 hours feels like nothing. Not saying its not hard work, cause it is. Now your income will be influence by whether or not uber continues doing their Medals (Earnings Boost) and whether or not you qualify on a weekly basis. On July 4th I made almost $500, and since the freeway traffic was pretty light and the LAX Jenny lot almost empty, I mainly just did airport runs on platinum status. LAX was surging at 1.9 from around 7:30 until about 11:30. The entire Core was surging at 3x most of the night, but with the freeways empty most of the night, I just did airport runs instead of the 3x surge as I would rather roll the dice with a long airport drive as opposed to a 2 mile 3x surge.

Optimus Uber

$400 in a day is about 14 hours behind the wheel on a Saturday until 3am

tohunt4me

Untill I feel tired or disgusted.

When I catch myself getting aggitated , I know I have been in the car too long.

When I exit vehicle to offer to drive a truck around I had signaled to go around,yet he blew horn again,I know it's time to call it a day.

I also take breaks from driving for as many days as it takes to compose a suitable attitude for the public.

UberIsAllFubared

Untill I feel tired or disgusted.

When I catch myself getting aggitated , I know I have been in the car too long.

When I exit vehicle to offer to drive a truck around I had signaled to go around,yet he blew horn again,I know it's time to call it a day.

I also take breaks from driving for as many days as it takes to compose a suitable attitude for the public.
Great post. I too have found myself doing some of the same things. Sometimes it takes 12 hours, but last week it took only a couple before my irritation level was reaching maximum. When I find myself getting short with passengers, its time to shut it down for the day.

tohunt4me

Great post. I too have found myself doing some of the same things. Sometimes it takes 12 hours, but last week it took only a couple before my irritation level was reaching maximum. When I find myself getting short with passengers, its time to shut it down for the day.
Passengers or OTHER VEHICLES.
it's not just the people IN your car that can frizzle your nerves.
Dealing with idiot drivers in heavy traffic for 12 hours.

They drive by shoot on the interstate here.

I try not to even blow horn at another car where I work when I have a passenger.Don't need to be in middle of shoot out with passenger in car.