1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

How long before you hit the road

Discussion in 'Houston' started by tootsie, Sep 12, 2015.

1. tootsie

tootsie Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    my mvr and social/national criminal report came back. They even verified my checking account but I still have not heard from UBER. When I email they say they r still waiting on background? What other background is there?

2. Puritad

Puritad New Member

My process is only 24 hr. Once you get their email about your account active status, you are good to drive. The TNC license would take around 1 month to finish, but if you not plan to drive in the loop the no need to do it.

3. Old Rocker

Old Rocker Well-Known Member

Can you sign into the partner app? If so, you should be good to go. My initial Uber background check started on a Friday and was approved on the following Monday.

4. Old Rocker

You need the TNC license to pick up passengers in the city of Houston, which extends beyond the Inner Loop. It's feasible to get your provisional TNC in a day or two, and the two-year license in a week to ten days, depending how quickly you can get the Identigo finger printing appointment plus the 3 - 5 business days for the results to make it to the city.

5. itsablackmarket

itsablackmarket Well-Known Member

I hit the road after waiting 2 hours for my first ping. Then I come back with $1 profit. I'm making big bucks with Uber and you should too.

6. tootsie

Driving:
    UberX
    I have not started the TNC process because I just found out about it ( no mention of this when I signed up online ) I'm waiting on UBER to activate me first. I'm confused. What other background check could there be? My enrollment Process has taken 7 days so far.

7. Old Rocker

Yeah, they don't send you the info about the TNC until you are activated. A week seems like a long time.

8. Bukrub

Bukrub Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I can't imagine. I applied online on a Thursaday and was approved Monday morning. I received 5 or 6 emails stating they were running various checks. 7 days seems a long time considering how bad they want 10,000 drivers and lower the rate again. I would take it as an Omen and quit while your ahead.

Richard Cranium likes this.
  9. Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium Well-Known Member

Clarification: If you do not plan on picking up in any area annexed by the City of Houston (aka Houston City Limits) then a TNC is not needed.
    Keep in mind, the City Limits extend far beyond the loop, and also some areas such as Kingwood.

RC

10. tripAces

tripAces Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Look up District E Houston and it tells you where outside the loop COH limits extend.

11. tripAces

Driving:
    UberX
    It took me just over a week to get active. I could log in after 5 days think it glitched me in. Kept getting background check emails then finally a email.saying I was active.

They will send after getting active a place to meet for new drivers. I never went do to rescheduling on Ubers part. But I took a friend to Office Hours to get the TNC packet. It tells you step by step what to do.

12. tootsie

Driving:
    UberX
    I thought so to based on what I was hearing on YouTube. I have no criminal history. I revived to text messages 1 to go to a hotel in Pearland. I replied to the text the hours were bad then got s text to go to a different address but yet Greg from Uber says they r still waiting on my background

13. Old Rocker

NASA LBJ Space Center is in the city limits.

West University Place and Bellaire, among others, aren't COH, interestingly enough.

14. tripAces

Driving:
    UberX
    I actually have 3 ID Cards all Federal Background. For 20yrs have had these background checks. Still took me 8 business days.
    Don't get to excited to drive. Its not all whats its cracked up to be. Some days are good others are horrible. Also Uber tells you what they want to. Not everything but just enough to get you to drive.

15. hqen2000

hqen2000 New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Still waiting on mine too.. Think its been a week.

16. Old Rocker

Like the Taylor Swift concert fiasco.

17. tripAces

Driving:
    UberX
    Fiasco! From where I was at it worked as intended.

18. Old Rocker

You didn't get the texts trumpeting about the 5.9 surges they were expecting... that never happened?

(or are you possibly being sarcastic?)

19. tripAces

Driving:
    UberX
    "Machete don't text." ;)

I actually don't let Uber text me. Its spam at all times of day and night. I don't do guarantees nor follow the pack. And I do just fine! Houston is a big place but most people think so small. So it allows me to make my money. *dances a jig*

20. Old Rocker

;)

My old car was in a scene in that movie, but it didn't make the final cut. I was pulling out of the valet lane at the Driskill Hotel in Austin (they were using the side entrance as the 'hospital' entrance, and I was in the shot, but they cut it. Alas, no fifteen seconds of fame.