• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How little you can expect to get paid doing rideshare.

W00dbutcher

In a typical hour you may have passengers in your car for 30 minutes. And in most cities you'll average around 15-20 mph. Using LA's $0.60-per-mile rate, a driver averaging 20 mph for 30 minutes would earn $6 in mileage charges and about $6 in per-minute charges. So $12 gross before all car and other related expenses are taken into consideration. AAA and the IRS both estimate that the average cost per mile for driving in America (including all types of passenger cars) comes to around $0.55 per mile. So, if we lower that to $0.45 a mile, in this example the driver would have incurred approximately $4.50 in expenses, netting himself a grand total of $7.50 for an hour of work.

W00dbutcher

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Taxi driving has always been a crap job.
I guess it's what YOU MAKE of it. I love being a taxi driver.... It's uber that screwed everything up.

Now we got to deal with entitled snowflakes.

Where is the auxiliary cord, where's your water, where's your mints, and can you please stop off at the grocery store I have to do some shopping you can wait.
Post automatically merged:

TwoFiddyMile

Can u think of other Low Skill jobs that ain’t crap?
They all are
Taxi driving was high skill before technology made it low skill. You had to find the people. You had to find the address. Then the other address the pax was going to. You had to know what time to sit at the hotels. The airport.
Now, get a ping. Follow nav to the ping. Follow nav to destination. Dumb work for dumb people.

TheDevilisaParttimer

Taxi driving was high skill before technology made it low skill. You had to find the people. You had to find the address. Then the other address the pax was going to. You had to know what time to sit at the hotels. The airport.
Now, get a ping. Follow nav to the ping. Follow nav to destination. Dumb work for dumb people.
Lol that’s not high skill 😂

High skill labor is your doctors, engineers, lawyers etc.

Moderate skill labor is nurses, plumbing, mechanics, etc

Low skill is anything that can be learned and accomplish by most of the population in least than a month.

TwoFiddyMile

Low skill is anything that can be learned and accomplish by most of the population in least than a month.
Would you care to correct your grammatical errors before expounding on expertise?

It took years to refine the craft of cabbing a specific city before dummy nav apps. You would never have mastered Boston NY or Philly in a month.

TheDevilisaParttimer

Would you care to correct your grammatical errors before expounding on expertise?

It took years to refine the craft of cabbing a specific city before dummy nav apps. You would never have mastered Boston NY or Philly in a month.
Grammar doesn’t change the fact that cab driving has never been a high skill job.

Did you not notice all the high skill jobs I named that it takes years to become even a novice at the craft.

What trades/skills do you know? If you don’t mind me asking.

TwoFiddyMile

Grammar doesn’t change the fact that cab driving has never been a high skill job.

Did you not notice all the high skill jobs I named that it takes years to become even a novice at the craft.

What trades/skills do you know? If you don’t mind me asking.
I get paid to play bass and sing on a regular basis. I have (had) a three page call center management resume.

TwoFiddyMile

Okay you didn’t take a trade/skill based career pathway so maybe it’s a little harder for us to see eye to eye on this one.
You mean I didn't attend much college. What about those skills is unskilled? Can you manually divert call traffic between 5 call centers using call tree development tools in real time? Think you can learn 750 songs and be gigging in a month? Just because I'm not lettered doesn't mean I didn't spend decades developing the above skills.
I also built a quarter of a million dollar cab company and ran it for a decade.
Enough with you, Satan. In the name of Jesus I rebuke thee.

U/L guy

You mean I didn't attend much college. What about those skills is unskilled? Can you manually divert call traffic between 5 call centers using call tree development tools in real time? Think you can learn 750 songs and be gigging in a month? Just because I'm not lettered doesn't mean I didn't spend decades developing the above skills.
Jesus passed away 2000 years ago and is not returning, on the other hand too many people are having a blast with Satan 😂

TheDevilisaParttimer

Skilled jobs are over rated, once you hit a certain age your value diminishes every year you get older.
No, you just validated my point. Someone can have a bachelor degree in business without actual skills (usually their pay reflects that). A master electrician that never stepped foot into a college has still developed advanced skills.

Skilled jobs are over rated, once you hit a certain age your value diminishes every year you get older.
That’s nearly ever job outside of being an executive at a corporation.