How is your earnings this summer in Michigan?

UofMDriver

My summer has been weeks of low earnings. Am I getting lazy in these hot summer days? Well maybe, but money motivates me and earnings dipping made me want to drive less not more. Where are you falling. 500.00 to 1000.00 ? 1000.00 Plus? 300 t0 500.00? 0 to 300.00?

I've been in the 0 to 300.00 area most of the summer. Week leading up to 4th of July was my best week, breaking 600.00.

Just curious what the general rideshare drivers are doing out there.

Tedgey

Of course your earnings went down. It's because those rascals raised the rates back up. Listen, you have to realize $.30/mile is the price point at which drivers will make the most money. All the way up to $.70/mile? Forget it.

As for me I only drive when the rates are cheaper than the depreciation of the passengers shoes if they walk. Cheaper than a bus just isn't enough. I want to be cheaper than walking!

MSUGrad9902

I've been doing about 125 to 175 gross per weekend night (9pm to 3am) consistently this summer working metro detroit.

Uber SUCKS for drivers!

I've been doing about 125 to 175 gross per weekend night (9pm to 3am) consistently this summer working metro detroit.
So, thats about $60 net after uber cut and all (true) expenses, or $10/hour.
(Generally, your true total expenses are about double just your gas cost)
I got you putting on about 250 miles per night, at $30 in gas ($60 total expenses, half deferred)
No way am I driving around picking up the Detroit bar crowd at 3am for $10/hour!!!!

UofMDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had a Uber driver approach my car yesterday wanting to talk. He was over 200.00 for the day. He got one ride that was a hundred dollar run. I struggled to get to 100.00 yesterday.

MSUGrad9902

1. when I said gross, that was gross after the uber fees. I use the cash to me as the gross, not the total gross from the statements. So that is my miscommunication.
2. Gas costs me $32 - $37 for about 380 miles (at costco). Using your numbers of 250 miles per night (which is a little high but not significantly high), and total costs being double the gas costs, then my actual costs are about $45 to $50 per night. So my net is about 75 to 125 per night, which is more like $12.50 to $20 per hour net (and on this you are hardly paying any income taxes becuase of the IRS mileage deduction).

That sounds about right for a job that requires almost no skills or special qualifications and requires no formal training and where you don't ever have to show up if you don't feel like it.

UofMDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So you obviously work for corporate. No driver has made more money at .30 per mile. No Driver. It's such simple math. Why no complaints when they raised the rates? I get the same amount of requests as I did at .30 as .70. And so does everyone I know who does this. Been doing this since the day they launched. Wanna know when I made the most money? Getting one airport ride per every 2 hrs at 1.60 per mile and one per hour at 1.40. Id take home over a grand per week, easy. Now after gas I'm lucky to make $375 for 40 hrs at DTW. I don't bs.
Yeah the rates cuts have had a big impact on earnings. Wonder if we will get poked in the eye again this coming January.

spaceman

My summer has been weeks of low earnings. Am I getting lazy in these hot summer days? Well maybe, but money motivates me and earnings dipping made me want to drive less not more. Where are you falling. 500.00 to 1000.00 ? 1000.00 Plus? 300 t0 500.00? 0 to 300.00?

I've been in the 0 to 300.00 area most of the summer. Week leading up to 4th of July was my best week, breaking 600.00.

Just curious what the general rideshare drivers are doing out there.
Agreed

Tedgey

So you obviously work for corporate. No driver has made more money at .30 per mile. No Driver. It's such simple math. Why no complaints when they raised the rates? I get the same amount of requests as I did at .30 as .70. And so does everyone I know who does this. Been doing this since the day they launched. Wanna know when I made the most money? Getting one airport ride per every 2 hrs at 1.60 per mile and one per hour at 1.40. Id take home over a grand per week, easy. Now after gas I'm lucky to make $375 for 40 hrs at DTW. I don't bs.
Well we took a cut at the same time in Los Angeles, nothing even close to what you guys did and they told us it was just for the winter. But winter turned into spring and spring kind of drifted into summer and they still haven't restored the rates. They must've forgot because it's not like Uber to BS their partners like that.

DriverC

I only drive Saturday afternoons & quit around 10 pm
My average for 6hours of work is a little north of $125 after uber tax without Guarntees (something Uber has failed to offer me for the past month)

That also doesn't include any cash only trips, or happy tip money.

268Smooth

What time do you get to the airport to make over a $100 a day?

John326

Yeah the rates cuts have had a big impact on earnings. Wonder if we will get poked in the eye again this coming January.[/QUOTE
They need to raise the fairs !!! Asap, uber is to cheap and the reason why this summer sucks in metro Detroit is TO MANY DRIVERS daaaaa

John326

Uber is ripping drivers off

UberMaster78

You do all the work, and UBER makes the money. And it will be worse in the future.
Aren't you the one who boasted about having 4 Uber black cars? What percentage do you take off your drivers or how much a week you charge them for the cars? Your figures are probably no better than Uber anyway.
Don't like Uber yet here you are still whining like a b****
Go work in Walmart or as UofM stated punch a clock

You are a special kind of stupid I think. Always complaining yet expecting others to help you out. It's typical of your logic. Simply put, go do something else if you are that unhappy with Uber. I've never seen someone complain as constantly or as much as you do. Like an old woman.

John326

Of course your earnings went down. It's because those rascals raised the rates back up. Listen, you have to realize $.30/mile is the price point at which drivers will make the most money. All the way up to $.70/mile? Forget it.

As for me I only drive when the rates are cheaper than the depreciation of the passengers shoes if they walk. Cheaper than a bus just isn't enough. I want to be cheaper than walking!
What !! Lol ! 30 cents a mile is way to low to make a profit , the reason business is down for drivers is to many drivers , simple lol