Uber Drivers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
481 - 500 of 555 Posts
Discussion starter · #481 ·
17,000+ views!!!

I'm just wondering , do you guys sometimes 1* Pax who sit in the back then proceed to go on about the second beautiful home they just bought in a fancy neighborhood plus all the vacations lol...I find it a little insensitive as well as just plain mean cause sometimes it's a pool of 2 yesterday I had two of those from young beautiful ladies and what kind pissed me more lol they got in with no greeting so I had to use my Man voice to say "Hi ! " I mean common people ?! Who gets in a stranger's car and thinks it's acceptable not to greet them ? they just get in mid convo and keep it going like I'm not a human being lol it's so weird cause when they get in talking you don't want be the rude dude who interrupts so you wait for a greeting....am I being childish lol

How's your CARMA???

Discussion starter · #483 ·
... got pinged in the Mission ... white girl bartender gets in and immediately says she's late ... All the while she's talking a mile a minute ... never a silent moment ... boyfriends, lovers, bosses, drunks, and all the strange men in her life ... we go over to Cow Hollow ... at the stop light, the intersection, she says she'll get off here and hands me a bill with the portrait of the dead white dude known as the "Indian Killer," and whose presidency is known as the American Genocide for getting her to work on time ... then she says whiskey is on me ...

How's your CARMA???

Discussion starter · #485 ·
Charm-a ...

The Zen master Hakuin was praised by his neighbors as one living a pure life.

A beautiful Japanese girl whose parents owned a food store lived near him. Suddenly, without any warning, her parents discovered she was with child.

This made her parents very angry. She would not confess who the man was, but after much harassment at last named Hakuin.

In great anger the parents went to the master. "Is that so?" was all he would say.

After the child was born it was brought to Hakuin. By this time he had lost his reputation, which did not trouble him, but he took very good care of the child. He obtained milk from his neighbors and everything else the little one needed.

A year later the girl-mother could stand it no longer. She told her parents the truth - that the real father of the child was a young man who worked in the fishmarket.

The mother and father of the girl at once went to Hakuin to ask his forgiveness, to apologize at length, and to get the child back again.

Hakuin was willing. In yielding the child, all he said was: "Is that so?"

Discussion starter · #486 ·
... got pinged in the Inner Sunset ... 3 women from Brazil ... destination: the SFO car rental place ... quite the chatty group ... they were going to drive to Yosemite ... all their bags barely fit in my car ... trading travel war stories ... they disembarked properly and I get pinged immediately ... rider is just around the corner in the same facility ... her destination: Union Square ... an interesting woman ... attractive, wealthy, articulate ... asked all kinds of "tourist" type questions ... as we approached her destination, she thanked me for such a wealth of important safety issues - neighborhoods to avoid, how not to get ripped off by the merchants, where the good food is, etc., and hands be 2 bills with the portrait of the dead white dude known as the Great Emancipator, saying, "This is all I have" ... I thanked her and wished her an enjoyable stay in San Francisco ... later on I notice she had engaged the tipping feature in the app in the denomination of that other dead white dude who is all the rage in musical theater ...

How's your CARMA???

Discussion starter · #489 ·
... got a ping in the Marina ... white dude gets in ... he looks like Harrison Ford during the Indiana Jones days ... quite a talker ... he believes Frank Jordan was the best San Francisco Mayor ever ... says he's worked for the mayor's office, as a prosecutor, and is a city planner by profession ... quite a few nuggets of San Francisco corrupt politics ... for example the recently painted red street on California right after the Cathedral Hill and Chinatown ... with big letters "MUNI ONLY" ... but the bus does not run on this stretch of California Street ... only the cable car ... therefore maintenance of the that stretch will be minimal ... but the city is taxing its citizens for it and keeping the monies for other uses ... he also revealed how and where the bicycle coalition got all the money to to paint bike lanes on all the streets of of San Francisco and how the homeless are in possession of camping gear ... oh, yeah ... he engaged the tipping app generously for my ears ...

How's your CARMA???

Discussion starter · #490 ·
... pinged around UCSF Mission Bay ... 3 young Indian women pile in ... their destination: that "Bermuda Triangle" around the Alamo Drafthouse, El Techo, Foreign Cinema ... after hearing their banter I surmise they are all physicians ... they are complaining about how overworked they are, how they hate their jobs, and how they can't get dates ... they all want to quit they say ... they don't want to work in clinical and deal with patients ... they all want to do something without patients ... one of them chimes in and says, "You'll have to say good bye to the $250,000 salary" ... they lament the dreariness of the long hours of listening to patient complaints ...

Suddenly they break into their mother tongue amidst a lot of giggles with a smattering of English ... it sounds like one of them would like to write a book ... another wants to work with children but not clinically ... and the other simply wants to do research ... they banter back and forth spicing the mother tongue with "No way!!", "Oh-My-God!!" and "Really!?!!!?" Then their voices turn down a couple of decibels and practically to a whisper ...

Then they turn to me ... they say, "Hey, you look like a smart guy. What do you think? What do you think we should do?"

I look at them through the rear view mirror ... then I look straight ahead and say, "You should all get married."

They all burst in a peal of laughter so long the windows began to fog up ...

At the "Bermuda Triangle" the "leader" hands me 3 bills with the portrait of the dead white dude who authored the Gettysburg Address, and says "Thanks for the right answer. I won the bet but you earned it."

How's your CARMA???

Discussion starter · #493 · (Edited)
Oh, those Italians!!! ... got pinged around Union Square ... a mother and her two adult daughters pile in ... their destination: Golden Gate Bridge ... They're from Italy ... the women are beautiful gorgeous twins ... from a small town near Firenze ... nurses ... I had to ask who came out first ... of course, the one who did knows and raises her hand in acknowledgment ... the mother then asks, in Italian, You came out first?? ... even the mother didn't know ... They say there isn't any work in Italy ... I tell them no one in the United States wants to work ... conversation mulls around things Italian in San Francisco, the normal spiel which they know nothing about except that Joe Dimaggio is Mr. Marilyn Monroe ... Joe Montana - nothing ... Francis Ford Coppola?? Ah, yes ... Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro ... The Godfather ... At the bridge I tell them not to jump ... the nurses scramble for cash in that most beautiful language on this one lone lonely planet ... I guess the mother didn't know about the tipping feature ... so the two women present me bills with the portrait of the dead white dude who is still the tallest person to inhabit the White House ... Later on, I see the mother did engage the tipping feature in kind ...

Com' e su CARMA???

Discussion starter · #494 · (Edited)
18,000+ views!!!

... was on Chenery dropping off the last of 3 poolers ... coming up on 30th Street to turn left and onto Church when I see the SFPD ... as soon as I turn I hear the squawk ... so I stop ... and the SFPD says to turn right onto Church ... so I turn right onto Church and await for the officer to give me a ticket ... he saunters up and tells me what I did, or didn't do ... then he asks if I'm driving for Uber or Lyft ... I say, "Yes" ... he looks in the backseat at the rider and says, "I'm not going to give you a ticket because I don't want to inconvenience your passenger. Just make sure to stop and look both ways" ... I say, "Thank you Officer Chan, I will" ... as we continue up on Church Street, I point out a church to the rider and tell him that's the church Whoopie Goldberg made a movie ... he says, "That's the church 'Sister Act' was filmed??" ... I say, "Yup."

How's your CARMA???

How do you get so many cash tips?
I think I've only tipped one x in cash, the rest are in app. Pools I always tip $5 but my rides are less than 15 minutes.

I always cancel right away if the driver is more then 10 minutes out, 5 is kind of a sweet spot.

The amount I tip in Uber x depends on the driver though. No pumping of breaks + friendly (at the very least say hi) = optimal driving.

Discussion starter · #496 ·
... got a ping near ATT ... sauntered up the the pin and no rider was in sight ... so I checked e-mail ... then I got a phone call from the rider ... I looked up and around and saw the rider had luggage and was on the other side of the double yellow striped road ... saw a break in the double yellow ... it was actually just the tar of road repair covering the double yellow but I made the U-turn nevertheless ... upon getting in I asked the rider if it would pass mustard with the SFPD to make a U-turn in the accidental "break" of the double yellow ... he seemed nonplussed about it ...

Anywho, the rider's destination was SFO ...

Later on I notice that he engaged the tipping feature in the app with the denomination with the dead white dude who is known as the Great Emancipator ...

How's your CARMA???

... got a ping near ATT ... sauntered up the the pin and no rider was in sight ... so I checked e-mail ... then I got a phone call from the rider ... I looked up and around and saw the rider had luggage and was on the other side of the double yellow striped road ... saw a break in the double yellow ... it was actually just the tar of road repair covering the double yellow but I made the U-turn nevertheless ... upon getting in I asked the rider if it would pass mustard with the SFPD to make a U-turn in the accidental "break" of the double yellow ... he seemed nonplussed about it ...

Anywho, the rider's destination was SFO ...

Later on I notice that he engaged the tipping feature in the app with the denomination with the dead white dude who is known as the Great Emancipator ...

How's your CARMA???
So his tip wouldn't be enough to cover a moving violation ticket if you had gotten one...

Discussion starter · #498 · (Edited)
... so I made a U-turn at the real break in the double yellow of which there were two ... one I had passed (and then the one that was actually the tar painted over the double yellow) ... and another real one just about 30 yards further which I took ... but I suppose the rider thought I had fudged the law for his convenience ...

How's your CARMA???

... so I made a U-turn at the real break in the double yellow of which there were two ... one I had passed (and then the one that was actually the tar painted over the double yellow) ... and another real one just about 30 yards further which I took ... but I suppose the rider thought I had fudged the law for his convenience ...

How's your CARMA???
You rook maaaarvelous...LOL

481 - 500 of 555 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.