How is Your Car Doing?

Ubbs

This heat is brutal and it doesn't seem to want to let up. I wasn't to concerned about my car with only 40k miles but I am seeing the maintenance light blink on when I first start the car. Will have to have that checked before I go out again.

Watch your gauges constantly. Your car can go down hill fast in this weather.

vegetto

My gauge Light goes off roughly every 5000 miles. usually 4800. and I service it every 10k Miles. im coming up on 30k..maybe a mid august I est. and I have Service from Toyota for the life of the car "apart of my Contract" im not worried. Go get yourself a good car plan.

mweiss10

This heat is brutal and it doesn't seem to want to let up. I wasn't to concerned about my car with only 40k miles but I am seeing the maintenance light blink on when I first start the car. Will have to have that checked before I go out again.

I have a Toyota corolla with 101,500 miles that I pound for Uber and Lyft. I am afraid to get a newer car and depreciate it!!!

mweiss10

The maintenance light just means it's time to get an oil change no worries

My gauge Light goes off roughly every 5000 miles. usually 4800. and I service it every 10k Miles.
I don't know if I'm reading that right. Even though your light goes off at 4800-5000 miles, you don't get it serviced until 10,000 miles?
I would think Toyota has some sort of "Maintenance Minder" like Honda's have. It not only tells when the oil needs to be changed, but other services, as well. To disregard that, especially in double the amount of miles, seems like it would really deteriorate the vehicle.

I know Toyota's are very good vehicles, and can really take a beating, but why subject it to excess wear and tear unnecessarily? Plus, every time you go in there for service, they check everything to make sure things are running smoothly.

Bay33saw

I don't know if I'm reading that right. Even though your light goes off at 4800-5000 miles, you don't get it serviced until 10,000 miles?
I would think Toyota has some sort of "Maintenance Minder" like Honda's have. It not only tells when the oil needs to be changed, but other services, as well. To disregard that, especially in double the amount of miles, seems like it would really deteriorate the vehicle.

I know Toyota's are very good vehicles, and can really take a beating, but why subject it to excess wear and tear unnecessarily? Plus, every time you go in there for service, they check everything to make sure things are running smoothly.

I have a Toyota 4 Runner that I use (not the best but it's the only car I have) Toyota recommends oil changes every 10K and the 5K services are generally tire rotation, check the hoses and the air filters....My 2012 has just over 60k on it. The heat does make it tough on the cars....

vegetto

eehhh im just lazy ..really lol. I hate waiting 2-3 hours. so I just make it worth it every 10k. Other reason why I do that cause at every 5k they don't do Oil change for some reason, they say there stuff is good for 10k. so that's why when I do that they have no choice but to do Oil change as well. cause I went 10k from the previous reading.

Uberx Vegas

I have a Toyota corolla with 101,500 miles that I pound for Uber and Lyft. I am afraid to get a newer car and depreciate it!!!
I got more than 101,500 miles on my Nissan. I just replace the old battery with new battery which coasted me $125 also replace remote control battery for $5bucks. My car rans like a new car. The AC works amazing my riders tell to turn down AC because they are getting cold.

Colddesertsnow

People! Those oil change recommendations are for normal driving and weather conditions. Driving uber style and in this heat you need to get an oil change more frequently. Or your engine will be crying tears of oil and smoking a joint out your tail pipe. Plus with this heat your transmission goes through hell. With my full time job I have seen so many Uber/Lyft cars with major oil leaks and they are doing oil changes every 5k-15k like thier owners manual says. Stop and take care of your cars during the summer.

tohunt4me

People! Those oil change recommendations are for normal driving and weather conditions. Driving uber style and in this heat you need to get an oil change more frequently. Or your engine will be crying tears of oil and smoking a joint out your tail pipe. Plus with this heat your transmission goes through hell. With my full time job I have seen so many Uber/Lyft cars with major oil leaks and they are doing oil changes every 5k-15k like thier owners manual says. Stop and take care of your cars during the summer.
Don't forget the cooling system !
Belts,hoses,change wore out broke down coolant !
You don't want 911 responding to grandma's heat stroke on the side of the road when you break down !
Bad news for everyone.

Use recommended coolant at proper mix ratio !

Use synthetic oil !

Add a transmission cooler !

Add an engine oil cooler !

Consider a higher volume radiator .

Few hundred bucks ,and you have added the HEAVY DUTY/ HEAVY SERVICE PACKAGE TO YOUR CAR !

If you have 100,000 miles,time for a new timing belt or chain.
Time to check head gaskets.

Last edited:

Golfer Lou

The 5000 mile maintenance light is to rotate tires and check fluids

mweiss10

That maintence light means in 500 miles it will time for a oil change. When it stays on without blinking that means the factory recommends you change your oil. A good synthetic blend you can go a extra 1000-1500 without worrying about it. Good idea is to ck your oil make sure its not low keep your engine clean dirt is bad. Keep your tire pressure checked and filters clean. Your good to go!!!

mweiss10

I got more than 101,500 miles on my Nissan. I just replace the old battery with new battery which coasted me $125 also replace remote control battery for $5bucks. My car rans like a new car. The AC works amazing my riders tell to turn down AC because they are getting cold.
Nice I got the same milage on my Corolla S same results. I do like the Sentra SR I will probably try that car next.