1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How is UberXL demand?

Discussion in 'New York City' started by NJDriver, Sep 6, 2015.

1. NJDriver

NJDriver

How is UberXL demand?

2. uberparadise

uberparadise

Driving:
    UberX
    I believe it is a good plan to do XL. Tougher , Stronger Car, better rates plus a slower pace, which is better than Being a non-stop X driver. Set yourself apart. Demand is pretty good especially on weekends and concerts. 2 people often order XL because they are tired of the super small cars. XL means safety to many riders! Small groups like splitting the fare and riding together.

3. NJDriver

NJDriver

I guess Im trying to see if its worth it to get a used Sienna. I have a Toyota Camry Hybrid which is an excellent car. Get 40 mpg on cruise control highway. 32 mpg driving around like grandma and 27 driving around like I stole it. No issues at all. Tires wear well, brakes wear out after 50k. Cant complain.

Is it worth it dumping the paid off Hybrid and getting a Sienna where I will have to cough up more cash?

4. ubernyc

ubernyc

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Xl makes the same as x. Because after that 28 % commission on XL u won't make as what u think u might make.

JohnnyBlanco likes this.
  5. NJDriver

NJDriver

NYC Uberx rates you get 1.50 a mile after commission and Uberxl is 2.00 a mile after commission. Also 40 cents a minute for uberx and 60 cents for uberxl.

The biggest problem Uber drivers have is standing around time where no one is riding. So with Uber/Uberxl you get two shots. A used Toyota Sienna van goes for 22k and gets about 20 per gallon. Its very reliable as its got the same mechanical as a Camry.

Now the Suburban drivers get 4 shots. So they can go to the airport and receive all 4. The back of their vehicle is always loaded versus the guy who can only get 1 shot.

I would think in terms of being loaded all the time. If the back is always loaded during a 12 hour shift you will make at least 400 or more in nyc. If its not loaded you find yourself with not a lot...

6. Engineer

Engineer

So many myths to debunk as an SUV driver who started after April 14th but there is not much time because the back of my car is always loaded and dealing with all that money from UberX trips takes so long. Good luck my friend.