How is uber work out its fare

ohee

image.png image.png
Pick up pax from their house to the bottle shop. Then they book again back home. Same destence same spot. But fare n km r deferent from uber. Wound if we some time get short change it from uber.
image.png image.png

UberDriverAU

View attachment 52271 View attachment 52270
Pick up pax from their house to the bottle shop. Then they book again back home. Same destence same spot. But fare n km r deferent from uber. Wound if we some time get short change it from uber.
The in-app details are rounded, you can find the unrounded figures in the Partner Dashboard. The fare is then calculated as:

Fare = $2.00 + TripMinutes x $0.32 + TripDistance x $1.00

LevelX

But fare n km r deferent from uber. Wound if we some time get short change it from uber.
120m differeance over 3800m......... Plus looking at the screen shots, you took a different path at one end, which would explain the differance.

Screenshot 2016-08-03 at 9.31.48 AM.png

Screenshot 2016-08-03 at 9.31.38 AM.png

Graham J

The difference between the two will easily be accounted for in the time. Although both times said 5 minutes it is displaying the rounded time. What that means the actual time, which Uber uses to calculate the fare could be anywhere between 4 min 30 secs and 5 min 29 seconds. That range is close enough to $0.32 which is much larger than your discrepancy. Move on mate, nothing to see here!

LevelX

Yeah looking at the screenshots total fare difference was 7 cents between them..... So that's about 14 seconds of time....

Nothing to see here....

ubersleek

How long were they inside the bottle shop? Less than six minutes and I'd be celebrating scoring two flagfalls over just one for a round trip, rather than getting worked up about a five cent difference in the time and distance calc!!

Graham J

How long were they inside the bottle shop? Less than six minutes and I'd be celebrating scoring two flagfalls over just one for a round trip
Methinks it a bit rude to have claimed an extra flagfall instead of waiting but if you're happy with your windfall then I'm pleased for you. If they were in the shop for more than 6 minutes then you made a loss