• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How is this even legal by Lyft?

UberIsAllFubared

I mean seriously. I know they are wordsmithing, but the entire context of the email is threatening and the act of an employer trying to punish the employee. Yeah yeah, I know they can't do anything for missed rides, but this is how they intimidate the Ants who don't know this... oh, and if they are putting us on hidden timeouts like we think they are, its only a matter of time before a whistleblower comes forward.

"Passengers rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and it's important that you're there for them. We've reached out to you several times about your substantial number of missed ride requests. If this problem continues, you'll affect our ability to keep the platform running smoothly.
It's best for the community when you accept the ride requests you receive, or simply log out of driver mode if you need a break."

Tank_Driver

I mean seriously. I know they are wordsmithing, but the entire context of the email is threatening and the act of an employer trying to punish the employee.
“Wordsmithing” is not a word. Wordsmith is, and is actually used as a compliment for a skilled writer. As far as I remember, the only variant of wordsmith is wordsmithery (nouns, not verbs).

New2This

I mean seriously. I know they are wordsmithing, but the entire context of the email is threatening and the act of an employer trying to punish the employee. Yeah yeah, I know they can't do anything for missed rides, but this is how they intimidate the Ants who don't know this... oh, and if they are putting us on hidden timeouts like we think they are, its only a matter of time before a whistleblower comes forward.

"Passengers rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and it's important that you're there for them. We've reached out to you several times about your substantial number of missed ride requests. If this problem continues, you'll affect our ability to keep the platform running smoothly.
It's best for the community when you accept the ride requests you receive, or simply log out of driver mode if you need a break."
Those are Lyft badges