How is this better???

Shaitan1

ro be honest I am not sure this change is gonna be bad for the full time driver who picks up all their pings (exactly ehat uber wants us to do).

Uber knows exactly what drivers are willing to work for and that is what they will offer their full time drivers in the form of medal bonuses

Then Uber will get their $$ by charging surge when and where they can and keeping the extra $$.

Win-win

Of course this strategy is horribly for part time drivers who used to game the system by only driving surge. But Uber obviously feels they have enough full time drivers they don't need to worry about these drivers anymore.

Shaitan1

Also, I wouldn't worry about ratings. Unless you really are doing something wrong there is no way uber is gonna penalize you if you are driving full time and accepting most of your pings.

I have every confidence they will manipulate the ratings to keep the drivers they want highly rated.

mandreyka

ro be honest I am not sure this change is gonna be bad for the full time driver who picks up all their pings (exactly ehat uber wants us to do).

Uber knows exactly what drivers are willing to work for and that is what they will offer their full time drivers in the form of medal bonuses

Then Uber will get their $$ by charging surge when and where they can and keeping the extra $$.

Win-win

Of course this strategy is horribly for part time drivers who used to game the system by only driving surge. But Uber obviously feels they have enough full time drivers they don't need to worry about these drivers anymore.
You will still see the surge multiplier when the ping comes in and the red on the map just as before. I saw this in action last Saturday, I think it was a bug or they were testing it. Either way I was getting nice surge rides.

Shaitan1

You will still see the surge multiplier when the ping comes in and the red on the map just as before. I saw this in action last Saturday, I think it was a bug or they were testing it. Either way I was getting nice surge rides.
But the million $$ question which none of us know is how the surge multiplier correlates to what the pax are paying?

Are we still getting 70% of the total fare (or whatever the exact % was?)

XUberMike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All I can think is that this is a end around for the antitrust litigation suits as their is no more "surge pricing"

Just A LOT HIGHER PRICES. Like gas prices when a refinery "goes offline for repairs"

WMUber

But the million $$ question which none of us know is how the surge multiplier correlates to what the pax are paying?

Most likely it will be this:

We will get paid by the mile with either/both Surge and Boost.
Customer will be charged flat rate.

Our pay will not be based off of what the customer pays.

Currently with Both Earnings Boost and Pool, we no longer get paid based off of what the customer pays.

mandreyka

The fare quote to the pax(as seen at top of post) is the total they will pay. So subtract the booking fee and ubers cut and that is your net

XUberMike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We get paid by the mile in a minute that's it. If it's a surge that shows on our partnership app we will be paid by that surge mile and minute