How is no botting going for you guys?

rozz

Day three and I'm much less stressed out. I spend only a fraction of the time I used to spend searching. Blocks are easier to grab and the whole environment at the warehouse is a lot more muted/less competitive. The regular exbotters are still the ones getting the lucrative blocks. Maybe Amazon is onto to something with their "scare tactics." Let's see how it pans over the next couple of days. Also over the past weeks Amazon has fired a lot of people for minor things unrelated to botting. Anyone know anything about this?

I honestly think the whole system will work itself out. Amazon cannot play God and shift fairness to the less competent. The ones who are competent will always be around because they learn and adapt. Even if Amazon gives all the blocks to the "noobs" they will not stick around long for various reasons.

Last edited:

flexking

Lying low tapping by hand and it sucks dick. Hoping there are no deactivations and I'll go back to the old methods and ride this mother til the wheels fall off, expecting deactivation after the holidays. But that's what I said last year, and here I am still. So we'll see.

I also don't expect amazon to do much of anything besides scare tactics, except maybe to the proxies and credential sharers. They need the good drivers and whatever executive that thinks cracking down on 60-70%+ of their fleet, resulting in thousands of additional distracted driving hand tappers, is a good idea is a @@@@ing moron that will surely eventually be overruled....... Or maybe I'm giving corporate larva too much credit here.

Last edited:

grams777

Author
It’s noticeably harder since this happened where I’m at also. Perhaps Amazon did more harm than good by this latest email notice.

Some unintended consequences perhaps:

- scaring macro users into using more advanced and efficient methods;

- broadcasting that the capability exists to automate getting blocks directly to almost everyone who does flex or someone they know;

- pushing the proxies and other methods to ramp up their aggressiveness as they all compete more heavily against one another.

Some people might be afraid of deactivation, but there are probably many who are willing to take the risk. I mean, you risk deactivation anyway every time you take a route by getting one too many late or undelivered notices.

Last edited:

rozz

It’s noticeably harder since this happened where I’m at also. Perhaps Amazon did more harm than good by this latest email notice.

Some unintended consequences perhaps:

- scaring macro users into using more advanced and efficient methods;

- broadcasting that the capability exists to automate getting blocks directly to almost everyone who does flex or someone they know;

- pushing the proxies and other methods to ramp up their aggressiveness as they all compete more heavily against one another.

The ones who benefit from this are the proxy block sellers who go undetected. The balanced has been shift to those who engage in unethical behavior. Thanks Amazon.

grams777

Author
The ones who benefit from this are the proxy block sellers who go undetected. The balanced has been shift to those who engage in unethical behavior. Thanks Amazon.
It’s rather interesting that many called the proxy method to be cheating. Yet Amazon’s first shot is against those just using the native application but with a macro.

Personally, I think there are better methods to assign delivery work besides any of this.

rozz

It’s rather interesting that many called the proxy method to be cheating. Yet Amazon’s first shot is against those just using the native application but with a macro.

Personally, I think there are better methods to assign delivery work besides any of this.

The sellers are now defacto middlemen doing the hiring for Amazon. If anything Amazon should target them and not the people who actually make them money.

jester121

The sellers are now defacto middlemen doing the hiring for Amazon. If anything Amazon should target them and not the people who actually make them money.
Target them how? There's no crime being committed, and Amazon has no business relationship with the bot sellers. There's no grounds for action, and really no way to take action regardless. About all they could do is ban them from Amazon hosting, but that's unlikely.

rozz

Target them how? There's no crime being committed, and Amazon has no business relationship with the bot sellers. There's no grounds for action, and really no way to take action regardless. About all they could do is ban them from Amazon hosting, but that's unlikely.

What crime is there to botting? No one's being hurt. The sellers take advantage of the poor, desperate souls financially.

soupergloo

did propel actually stop? those using autoclicker at my wafehodie and also got the email didn't stop and seem unphased by the email.

rozz

did propel actually stop? those using autoclicker at my wafehodie and also got the email didn't stop and seem unphased by the email.
We do have a few sacrificial lambs still using but the vast majority are laying low for the time being.

The people being hurt are the drivers who don't use those things. It's an unfair advantage over us. Shouldn't have to compete against technology to get a block.
Even without it you still have to work for it. It's not a charity. Amazon is not gonna wait around for you to take your merry time to grab a block. How do you suggest we make everything fair for all? Should all the tips for prime now be pooled? Should all the routes be the same miles? Equal distribution of apartments? Amazon is built on automation and technology but you suggest we not use it. If you're not competing with machines you're still competing with hungry humans.

Cynergie

"...Also over the past weeks Amazon has fired a lot of people for minor things unrelated to botting..."
What did you mean? As in drivers being fired for pissing off Amazon Schütze ant drones (blasting music, driving too fast etc in WH)?

For offending their Blue shirt Standartenführer puppet masters by being insubordinate once too many times in the WH?

For busting the concessions metric?

Or did they just miss one too many blocks by showing up late? Forgetting to show up at all?

Could you be a tad more vague please?:p

rozz

"...Also over the past weeks Amazon has fired a lot of people for minor things unrelated to botting..."
What did you mean? As in drivers being fired for pissing off Amazon Schütze ant drones (blasting music, driving too fast etc in WH)?

For offending their Blue shirt Standartenführer puppet masters by being insubordinate once too many times in the WH?

For busting the concessions metric?

Or did they just miss one too many blocks by showing up late? Forgetting to show up at all?

Could you be a tad more vague please?:p

The vagueness is on Amazon's part. From what I've heard these guys were fired for one or two delivery offenses such as being late, not following instructions or a customer being anal and complaining about anything under the stars. They give few details and it seems like they bring on five new drivers for every one they screw.

ImGunnaHurl

I think it is hilarious! Amazon is a profit engine. They have money to spend and they spend it on very brilliant people who have equally brilliant equipment and technology. When you install the flex app you agree to the app having access to various functions on your phone. They know thru the app exactly what your relationship with it is. What they want are drivers who follow the rules, don't miss blocks, don't speed, complete all their stops, you know the obvious. If anyone thinks that the app can't track the frequency or speed of clicks then you need to think again. And Amazon is not going to reveal their hand. In the Seattle Region they doubled the number of drivers and from this pool of ~750 they will take the drivers they want and dump the rest. I have read that in Miami everyone uses bots and at the same time undelivered packages pile up to the ceiling. LMFAO...

rozz

I think it is hilarious! Amazon is a profit engine. They have money to spend and they spend it on very brilliant people who have equally brilliant equipment and technology. When you install the flex app you agree to the app having access to various functions on your phone. They know thru the app exactly what your relationship with it is. What they want are drivers who follow the rules, don't miss blocks, don't speed, complete all their stops, you know the obvious. If anyone thinks that the app can't track the frequency or speed of clicks then you need to think again. And Amazon is not going to reveal their hand. In the Seattle Region they doubled the number of drivers and from this pool of ~750 they will take the drivers they want and dump the rest. I have read that in Miami everyone uses bots and at the same time undelivered packages pile up to the ceiling. LMFAO...
Only regulars are reliable and will work at a moment's notice. That's about 20 people at a prime now warehouse max.

soupergloo

Only regulars are reliable and will work at a moment's notice. That's about 20 people at a prime now warehouse max.

agreed .. SO many of the veteran drivers fell off within the last month because of Amazon’s bullshit, so UCA1 has even less than that now.

ImGunnaHurl

It also depends on if you are a prime now driver or a flex driver. A flex driver delivers only amazon.com packages. A Prime Now driver delivers to Amazon Prime customers from 1 Hr rush to multiple stop routes. Prime drivers also deliver Amazon Fresh (groceries) and restaurant blocks. Flex and Prime are too different systems and site codes. Amazon.com drivers do not make tips either. People post that you can click for future blocks while delivering a current route but I have never seen an available block ever while I had a current block running.

dkcs

If PN you can most definitely pick up future blocks while you are running your current route. I do it daily to string together the hours I want to work and Amazon tailors offers to drivers now to get them back to back work.