• Need advice

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • How would you do?

Votes: 1 50.0%

How is my idea

1K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  EcoboostMKS 
#1 ·
Hi to everyone! Advice needed.

I just joined to uber/lyft apps and driving rental 2016 toyota camry. I pay 429 per week.
Before this i used to worked for luxury base company and drove m-benz w222 and cadi escalade. Now thinking about buying a car. The goal is buy 2016 escalade or m-benz gl 450. And try to find a private clients, of course share a workday with uber and lyft. How do you think is it a good idea or loosing money?
Escalade price is about 55-62k
Gl 450 price is about 30k.

thank you for all answers!!!

#5 ·

I just joined to uber/lyft apps and driving rental 2016 toyota camry. I pay 429 per week.
Before this i used to worked for luxury base company and drove m-benz w222 and cadi escalade. Now thinking about buying a car. The goal is buy 2016 escalade or m-benz gl 450. And try to find a private clients, of course share a workday with uber and lyft. How do you think is it a good idea or loosing money?

Why you leave luxury base company? Where do you see a M-benz GL for 30k?

#6 ·
1. I left it because I worked around 80/100 hours a week, and got paid 13$ per hour and 15$ overtime. No paid vacation, no any kind of endurance etc. I worked for them 1 year, got experience and now ready to try work for myself.
2. I saw it on carfax web site , and it's approx price.

I just can't be sure that it'll be a right desition to buy a car. But, anyway it's better to pay once a month for your own car than pay for rental, even more.

Another point is M-benz has very smal room for laggage in a trunk, it's very very tie. If you have 6 ppl, there no room for laggage. That's why I'm wondering about buying Gl450. And Cadillac escalade 2016 is too fancy to drive only for uber. It's defenutly deserves better way to drive.

This is my kinda thread ;). Go and purchase that M bend or Esclade 2017 of course so you get the factory warranty and don't have to worry for a while . You will be able to do VIA and UBER Black you will make a killing waiting 10 hours in JFK for ping ;).
Hah That's funny.

If seriously, waiting at jfk kills. I stayed at jfk lot 2 hours and didn't pick up then left and drove to the city.
Buy a brand new high level vehicle and out it to Uber... isn't is funny?

#7 · (Edited)

Your idea is bad.

#9 ·
If you really feel you can do well driving a SUV and have a nitch for it defiantly rent first and see if the money still adds up to you. Look at like this you rent with out having to be tied into car payments and you can still build your client list and if everything is working for you go and make the investment into your own car.

#10 ·

Private clients are great until something goes wrong (accident, financial dispute)

#16 ·
Rent and try it out, but if you must/are sure,.......
Stay away from Mercedes, only dealer can fix issues,... stick with a GM product suburban, escalade,.....cheap parts too, get a 14 escalade with 50k miles for @$35,000, you should be able to use this car for 4 years,.... its trash after that anyway it would log on atleast 200k+ miles by then,.......

#18 ·

What year GL 450 is 30K ?

#22 ·
Don't purchase a new vehicle. Depreciation alone will kill you the second you drive it off the lot.

And the warranty should still be good. All i buy are lincolns and they always honor the factory warranties even though my car is commercially registered. Not TLC, but CT limo. Same deal though - commercial vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.