• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How is it not surging ????

iluvlfcc

City of London past 30 min getting pings every 30 seconds.. getting jobs all around me. Getting jobs as far as 8 mins away and even close jobs non stop. And they don’t wanna put the surge on . What is this new game ?!!

MEATIE

Surge is giving UBER too much bad press same with cancelation fee both will be a distant memory soon
Post automatically merged:

Syloti_ba

Zombies chasing 3 for 1 and Uber holding surge! It’s a temporary test and it’s working. 19 plate Kia Nero who will pay the bill? They can’t mess around
Soon they will realise Uber trick.

Surge is blood for Uber. Uber can’t remove will not remove....

If Uber doesn’t surge other ones will do. This is happening as I write. Keep calm

Find your strategy will earn more then before. Don’t be loyal to any app they are all same.

iluvlfcc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Surge? You mean ripping off the travelling public.
No. I mean trying to earn a decent fare. You can’t possibly make a living by getting paid £10 from Shepard’s bush to Harrow. Surge pricing allows drivers to take home a half decent wage at the end of the week.

Without it, Ph is not worth it.

Harold Shand

It always amuses me on here. One day the forum is full of people accusing bc of being a rip off because they have the absolute audacity to charge a proper 2019 rate for their services. The next day everyone is complaining because there isn't a surge on Uber, and they are not getting the proper 2019 rates that they want. Do the Kol and get 24/7 surge. Or work for Uber and get 24/7 lubed up.

iluvlfcc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dont do it then simple!!
If I stop hitting my weekly targets I will stop. Simple.

It always amuses me on here. One day the forum is full of people accusing bc of being a rip off because they have the absolute audacity to charge a proper 2019 rate for their services. The next day everyone is complaining because there isn't a surge on Uber, and they are not getting the proper 2019 rates that they want. Do the Kol and get 24/7 surge. Or work for Uber and get 24/7 lubed up.
I would rather earn 25% less then a black cabbie and get paid straight off the bat rather then doing the knowledge for 4 years to earn a bit more

Harold Shand

If I stop hitting my weekly targets I will stop. Simple.

I would rather earn 25% less then a black cabbie and get paid straight off the bat rather then doing the knowledge for 4 years to earn a bit more
25% is just Uber's cut. The bc earns at least twice as much as an Uber driver to start with. Some estimate three times. So take that multiple and then remove 25%. Oh and the Kol took me 3 not 4 years. With no fear of deactivation if a rider thinks you didn't bend over far enough. Really being your own boss, with the self respect of achieving something. Plus a better standing in the mortgage/credit market, and you can still earn while you learn. But it's your choice.

Last edited:

eric_london

It's the consecutive trips. That's why its not surging anymore. I can not believe that most of my colleagues are so stupid.... How can you take the bait and accept every single non surge trip to make £8.00 after 3 consecutive trip? Do they not have a brain of an eight years old to calculate the fare and see they can make more with a single trip with 1.5 surge on it? How stupid damn can you be?

Ubend R.S.

💯

1200-1300 average weekly
5 and 1/2 days
Lubbly Jubbly
Just think what you'd earn driving a tractor doing them hours (and no one to share it with other than the Mrs)
But you are right, you can't put a price on contentment.

Good money.

Customer tell me no do knowledge. Black cab dead finish in London?
Customer wanpela wise.