• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How is doordash and Skip the Dishes?

artara12

Guys uber doesnt care bikers anymore. They still decrasing the boost. Mornings 1.2(only 3 hours other times 1.1), nights 1.4 (only 4 hours). I send a message to support. Their answer: This is an opportunity to take more delivery for you !!!?

Anyway i didn't like foodora cause u cant have a break so its really hard to do with bike. How about doordash or skip the dishes? Is it flexible like uber ? How is payment and distances for bikers? Thanks.

Actionjax

Both are based on distance. Skip will keep you busy and Door dash will be hit or miss depending on area. They will let you pause orders for 20 min but you need to book your shifts. DoorDash has a cap on their numbers but if they need someone in an area they open it up to go online.

dmoney155

Anyone tried running multiple platforms at once to keep busy?... perhaps stack up on multiple so that one drive you have more than one bag thus optimizing?

Actionjax

Anyone tried running multiple platforms at once to keep busy?... perhaps stack up on multiple so that one drive you have more than one bag thus optimizing?
I have done it. It's not all that easy when 2 of the platforms don't let you cancel and one you don't even have a choice to accept. You just get it.

I have done an all 3 run and had 2 deliveries going from Skip and Doordash. Was lucky the deliveries and the pickups were close together. But you do risk someone complaining why their driver is stopped at another location and they are waiting for their food.

Like I said. It can be done but you better have some skills and know where to go first.

theonearmedman

Both are oversaturated with drivers. I did Doordash in Hamilton but cant even get any hours on their schedule or go online because there no hot spots. All these gig jobs are too saturated

ANT 7

In my market STD is rocking........DD is dying because drivers are leaving due to having their tips stolen by DD.

Pyton

I have done it. It's not all that easy when 2 of the platforms don't let you cancel and one you don't even have a choice to accept. You just get it.

I have done an all 3 run and had 2 deliveries going from Skip and Doordash. Was lucky the deliveries and the pickups were close together. But you do risk someone complaining why their driver is stopped at another location and they are waiting for their food.

Like I said. It can be done but you better have some skills and know where to go first.
Who doesn't let you cancel? Of course you can. I decline a lot. No tip, no delivery. Anything less than $3.00 depends where it's going. Are you new at this game?

Actionjax

Who doesn't let you cancel? Of course you can. I decline a lot. No tip, no delivery. Anything less than $3.00 depends where it's going. Are you new at this game?
And what do you tell them. And when do you think they will eventually boot you from the platform. Just saying they do wash people out.

Pyton

And what do you tell them. And when do you think they will eventually boot you from the platform. Just saying they do wash people out.
Please reassign. Thank you. They can boot me and and over 50% of their drivers. Customers (kids) with no tip or $1.00 usually dong get their food. Orders are declined by drivers for long time, until some poor sucker will bite on it. Wait time of one hour or more is very common if lucky.

theonearmedman

In my market STD is rocking........DD is dying because drivers are leaving due to having their tips stolen by DD.
I don't know how people can do skip.... You have to make a schedule, you have to have a cash float and alot of people don't tip, the send you far for orders, and pay is worse than the others.

Actionjax

Please reassign. Thank you. They can boot me and and over 50% of their drivers. Customers (kids) with no tip or $1.00 usually dong get their food. Orders are declined by drivers for long time, until some poor sucker will bite on it. Wait time of one hour or more is very common if lucky.
I think if they start having issues with their drivers doing this over and over they will just remove tip visibility from the platform. I am surprised for one they actually have kept in in there. I know there have been a few deliveries of squished burritos or cold food for non tippers. One guy I left his bag on the street and told him to come down and get it when he didn't give an apartment number and said come up. I said don't expect me to jump through hoops with no tip you cheep @ss. Then hung up.

I had one with no tip but in the notes it said I tip when delivered properly. They paid $5 cash for a very short delivery. So it was all good. Thought I would get riped off.

Pyton

I think if they start having issues with their drivers doing this over and over they will just remove tip visibility from the platform. I am surprised for one they actually have kept in in there. I know there have been a few deliveries of squished burritos or cold food for non tippers. One guy I left his bag on the street and told him to come down and get it when he didn't give an apartment number and said come up. I said don't expect me to jump through hoops with no tip you cheep @ss. Then hung up.

I had one with no tip but in the notes it said I tip when delivered properly. They paid $5 cash for a very short delivery. So it was all good. Thought I would get riped off.
If they do, they will have to increase transit pay. I don't think they will do it. I spoke to many drivers who do SD for some time. No tip, no delivery.

Actionjax

In which area do you usually drive? Today I declined same order 6 times in the row. No takers with no tip.
I was doing North York. I declined two of them today for no tip. One I kept because it was a cash order and they did tip cash well. They just didn’t put it in the app.

Pyton

I was doing North York. I declined two of them today for no tip. One I kept because it was a cash order and they did tip cash well. They just didn’t put it in the app.
Today one cash order with$6.60 tip, and than $20.00 extra. Happens. However I stay away from kids ordering Wendy's or tea places. Decent orders from restaurants yes, however still risky.