How is business?

Cswee1980

Hello, I've been on here a couple of weeks and noticed it's kind of quiet.... How is everyone doing ubering? Is it still worth it? Was it ever worth it? My wife and I use it a few times a month if we're going out as there is no need to worry about who is driving and we can all enjoy the night out!

Merc7186

I would like to hope that the drivers in Albany havent been over run by the uprooted NYC ant population that us Buffalo guys have been buried with.

Former NYC Cabbies, turned to Uber then moved here to flood our streets with their poor (or non existant) english and horrible driving habits.

Hawaiianguy3

Firstly, to address the hateful and pointless first response, I'd happily welcome any displaced NYC cabbies to the Capitol region.

To answer the question that was asked, I have the goal of making $300 every week. I usually make that in 4 days. Some days take much longer than others to reach my daily goal of about $75. I generally make the equivalent of $13/hr. About a quarter to a third of my time is spent reading while I wait for rides.

I prefer Lyft over Uber. Much better company policies, nicer passengers & those passengers claim Lyft has nicer drivers. I've never ridden with either one.

Merc7186

So you want more drivers in your area.....LOL.

I'm sure that Uber still sends your promos too but give it a few months and we can talk again...Im sure your story will be different then.

BlueGem31

Business has been ok for me. I just started a week or so ago. I made $494 from July 10th to July 14th.. we’d 7/10 $100 in 10hrs Thur 7/11 $145 in 12hrs 7/12 $129 in 8hrs. Today so far I’ve made $120 in 9hrs, I just shut the app off and plan on driving 6pm until I get tired probably 10pm. I’m only driving until I start a new job next week & finally get a check 2 weeks from then. I pretty much try to drive until I make $100. I’m trying to push that $130. I don’t like driving at night so those are numbers during the day, before midnight.

BlueGem31

Honestly I feel like lyft money is so unpredictable.That is why I’m doing my best to work as long as I can, until certain bills are paid. I hope I make money today but you have no idea. I’m in between jobs right now.
Post automatically merged:

Do you find the train station has a consistent flow? I sat there for 40 minutes yesterday afternoon with no rides

Hawaiianguy3

No, nothing seems consistent with this job other than the morning & evening commutes. Also, college ended in May & the legislative session ended last month, both of which bring a lot more business. As for the train station-- as with anywhere else-- I've found myself sitting there for anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour and a half. But a plus is that you can look online or in the station for when a train is coming in from NYC, which brings a guaranteed ride!

BlueGem31

Great advice. I’ve been getting a lot of social services and medicaid rides lately. They are b.s $3.90 rides, and today it was a homeless man going from DSS to a homeless shelter! Yesterday it was someone on drugs or severe mental health issues, going to social services to meet with their case worker. I’m a pregnant female and it really annoys me, that Lyft doesn’t tell me it’s a “business rider” that can’t change their destination until I arrive”. && honestly I really don’t want a homeless person or drug addicts in my car. I haven’t figured out how to filter my rides yet.

I just signed up for DoorDash & Uber. I’m going to test other platforms. Tomorrow I plan on trying out the airport & Saratoga race track. I’ll let you know how it goes.

My week has been ruff compared to last week. I had to be on driver mode for 12 hours, and give 17 rides just to make $118. The previous days this week I only made about $50 to $60 in 7 hours. I definitely need to figure out where to go... so I’m not stuck doing 2 $4 rides an hour if even.

Last edited:

Hawaiianguy3

Yeah it can get rough, money- and time-wise. I'm still figuring it all out too. And yes, be careful out there. I'd be before if my wife or daughter were doing this work.