1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

How I increased my ratings with one simple trick

Discussion in 'Ratings' started by Bill Collector, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Gordiano

Gordiano Active Member

I too am disappointed....

2. argyowl

argyowl Member

Driving:
    UberX
    OMG thank you... Good idea... I'm at 4.27 because someone left an orange peel and didn't clean it up in time

3. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

4.27?

4. argyowl

argyowl Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah. I'm pretty much brand new. Last 4 ratings were 5, 2, 1, 1 in no specific order.

5. AuxCordBoston

Why the 1s? What happened?

6. argyowl

argyowl Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I was on a 11 5* streak until someone left an orange peel in the back and didn't spot it... so I got dinged twice with two 1 stars then the 2 star is because I think she thought I was too skinny... I took a fat woman to the gym... The rating came on minutes after I dropped her off. Just assuming on the last 2 star though.

7. AuxCordBoston

I have trou
    i have trouble believing an orange peel results in a 1

8. argyowl

argyowl Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It's the only logical reason why I got the 1 stars. The trash was left back there unnoticed and the riders didn't want to ride next to an orange peel left behind. It screwed my streak up.

Trafficat, Shangsta and AuxCordBoston like this.
  9. 105398

105398 Well-Known Member

Cheers to this old post. Exactly what I do. I only take nice people, who I in turn treat well - and almost all of my rides are very friendly, mixed in with a few who are dull and quiet (which is perfectly fine by me.)

I can vet and assess them pretty well in the quick time it takes to meet up.

10. Telsa33

Telsa33 Active Member

You truly are in the wrong business.

11. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I disagree. I don't give a hoot about my ratings, I seem to have settled into a 4.8 and I'm fine with that. What I am concerned with is having to deal with obnoxious a-holes and their lack of regard for anyone other than themselves. If you are coming up to the car with 6 people, I roll down the window and tell them they have to cancel (or I wait 5 and cancel as no show). I'm getting paid and you are not getting a ride because you know better, you are just trying to get over. With the drinks, I politely tell them no but I'll be happy to wait and they usually guzzle them and hop in with no ill effect. Once in a while I get an attitude and handle same as above because they do no better. In neither case will the pax pay my fine should it come to that so take the cancel and move on. Probably make more money with the cancels anyhow but also somehow the pax need to be trained

12. Telsa33

Telsa33 Active Member

You should team up with the other guy a buy a cab, then you can pick and choose who to let in your car. Be your self and throw the passengers out that do not pass your personality screening.

13. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning that you are looking to be a big man on the Internet. I drive near a college campus so I deal with college students trying to pull crap all the time. You want to get a ticket for overcrowding or open container be my guest. I make more on cancellations than letting them run rough shod over me. I'm here to make money and do it as safely as possible ty, you have fun playing clown car or whatever.

Shangsta likes this.
  14. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

I disagree. Nothing wrong with screening rides. As an independent contractor you are wise to not start rides that you know will go bad.

I am not so desperate I have to cling to every ping. I feel bad for anyone who has to drive that way.

15. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    If for any reason you have to tell someone no, cancel before you start the trip.

You can't afford to take a rating hit for telling someone you can't fit all 5-6 people in your car.

16. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

If you had a cab instead of Uber, you could pick up the jerks because they can't rate you. I'd pick up jerky pax if I had a cab, but with Uber I would skip them. Uber penalizes the driver for picking up the jerks because of the rating system.

I allow open containers in my car only because a for-hire vehicle is exempt from the open-container law in Nevada. One of the few good laws we have here in NV.

17. Elmo Burrito

Elmo Burrito Well-Known Member

Maybe you yapped too much at the millenials. They don't like it ya know especially if your an ol fart. If they are on their phone leavem alone.

18. Elmo Burrito

Elmo Burrito Well-Known Member

Its easy as punch. You take your overall number of trips divide by 3 carry the 1 now multiply by 100% and vwalah!

19. stephan

stephan Active Member

Uber enslave you more by creating this rating system, bull****, I never care ,I'm nice if someone leave negative feedback, you can't do nothing about it, keep driving if you want, for I'm done with uber, no benifits. My rating I never get a damn, some passengers said I will give you 5 star I said give me 5$ tips and stick me with one star, the only issue is money, who drive for uber full time? Man you have to get yourself a real job. Uber just temporary solution untill you get a job.and drive if there is surge .