1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

How I increased my ratings with one simple trick

Discussion in 'Ratings' started by Bill Collector, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Bill Collector

Bill Collector Well-Known Member

At the end of the trip, I just thank the rider for being a great rider and for that I am giving him/her 5 stars. Also mention to them they can rate the driver from the Uber app right away. I make sure they see the screen with stars before they leave. Of course I don't submit until they leave so the ratings can be changed if needed. 80% of pax say they will do likewise and sure enough they do.

After I started doing this, my non-raters dropped from 35% to 27%. And of course ratings climbed 0.05 as well. Not saying this strategy will work for everyone but worth giving it a try.

2. duchski

duchski New Member

I have a different strategy: I cancell rides before they start if I see any jerks entering my car. Sorry have to go home. I am no longer going to argue over 6 people in a sedan or why an open container is unacceptable : the morons will still rate you bad cause didn't allow them to puke over your leather seats or drink beer while in a moving car. Sad, but that's the reality

3. Coachman

Coachman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I switched over to the local independent commercial-free public radio station about six weeks ago and my rating has jumped five tenths of a point.

4. ninja warrior

ninja warrior Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    Judging from the title I thought this was going to be like one of those "increase your shlong length by 4 inches" tutorial ads.:oops:

5. LondonONTdriver

LondonONTdriver Active Member

I can inform this works. I started doing it a few days ago. I simply tell the pax when they exiting that I will give them 5 stars.

"I'll give you 5 stars"

They almost always say they will give me 5 stars. My rating have been seeing an upward trend.

Bill Collector likes this.

6. RoPaDriver

RoPaDriver Active Member

I say, "Thank you for being a 5-star passenger!" - for some reason, it feels a little less "fishing for a compliment" to me. It works. Anything we can do, right??!

7. cannonball7

cannonball7 Active Member

My one friend and fellow Uber drivers says " I will trade you 5 stars for 5 stars". Simple and effective.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    Bill Collector likes this.
  8. dirtylee

dirtylee Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I ask for their phone & rate myself on it. :cool:

Tese, Cary Grant, Whothought and 6 others like this.
  9. uberhound

uberhound New Member

how are you all determining your rating percentage?

10. Bill Collector

Bill Collector Well-Known Member

Just find out how many rated trips you have compared to lifetime trips. Mine is running at 73% currently. Used to be 60% few weeks ago.

11. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

I will sniff your seat if you give me a 5 star rating. Maybe that will work.

12. stephan

stephan Active Member

Don't worry, Some pax will stick you with one star even if you offer them free ride lol, I used to offer water gums sometime not to every body ,once I offer a guy a bottle of water ,HE WAS LATE for his job ,he asked me if I can drive a bit faster ,reaching 85 mph ,I drop him off in time ,and guess what, got 1 star ,And report about my car ,cuz it's 2002 model. how I know it's him , he asked me how I drive a 2002 with uber I said uber only needed 2001,since you are paying cheap fees. After I never offer nothing and my rating is 4.7, I'm a town average rating is 4.5 , 4.4, Worcester ma. RATING DEPOND on area , ppl here in Worcester some of them are crappy, you have to shoose pax over 4.8 ,if you accept ping from low rated pax ,you will ended up 90 percent sticking with a one star
    My rating was 4.14 ,couple months ago ,after 700 TRIPS IAM 4.67- 4.71

13. GrinsNgiggles

GrinsNgiggles Well-Known Member

Not to be an ass but how much more money are you earning with all of these new 5 stars?

Uberyouber and George McFly like this.
  14. mghtyred

mghtyred Well-Known Member

Exactly. Unless you're in danger of getting deactivated for low ratings, just behave professionally and you shouldn't have an issue.

Duber12, Shangsta and AuxCordBoston like this.
  15. SMOTY

SMOTY Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    This guy is obviously a genius!!

if you know your a five star no need to beg for one. Cmon guys you can give the worst service and most likely you'll not get a 5 star even if you ask for it?

One way I You can increase your rating is being professional, cordial, and know where you're going. That's all simple no hard math!

Duber12 and AuxCordBoston like this.
  16. AuxCordBoston

The truth is to just drive from point A to B with minimal wrong turns. Be polite, say hello, ask how their day is going.

Fernblatt and Shangsta like this.
  17. DollarStoreChauffeur

DollarStoreChauffeur Well-Known Member

It does work, and no doubt Uber understood what they were doing with this system because it now waters down any potential gratuity into a star giveaway, and you can't pay bills with stars.

Fernblatt likes this.
  18. VegasR

VegasR Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I just started with uber. I had to sweat ratings with lyft so i want a nice cusion so i can not think about it.

Only thing i do differently is text them my car color as i usually pick up in crowded areas. This also saves me a bit of time here and there. But i think that gets things off on the right foot.

So far 4.98 on 43 rated trips. Another month or so of that and i can forget about it.

19. AuxCordBoston

What you mean you had to sweat ratings with Lyft?

20. VegasR

VegasR Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Well, i was at 4.85 or so for a few hundred rides. Then my ratings just started tanking, for no reason I could identify. I washed my car, they just went lower. I quit rather than be deactivated once they got bellow 4.6.

Now im 4.98 on uber. I think some of it is a herd thing. They see a high rating they assume you are good. They see a low one and only they start looking for the reasons you have a low rating.