How I’m playing incentives right now

john1975

With 80 rides only yielding $120 and max ctb of $4.50, I’m only targeting 40 for $35 and going to use stop requests, destination filters, surge on both apps to maximize my earnings. I’m finally able to see trip duration so this also will help me with a higher ride target. I would normally target 60 rides but for only $20 more why bother. Incentives are great to maximize earnings when they are decent buy otherwise when they are not it’s best to cherry pick. I think Uber’s incentives sometimes are poorly structured. They should entice me to choose the 60 instead of the 40.

CaptainToo

With 80 rides only yielding $120 and max ctb of $4.50, I’m only targeting 40 for $35 and going to use stop requests, destination filters, surge on both apps to maximize my earnings. I’m finally able to see trip duration so this also will help me with a higher ride target. I would normally target 60 rides but for only $20 more why bother. Incentives are great to maximize earnings when they are decent buy otherwise when they are not it’s best to cherry pick. I think Uber’s incentives sometimes are poorly structured. They should entice me to choose the 60 instead of the 40.
My Uber M-Th quest has been steadily declining the past three months. This week my "platinum" 80 ride quest was a paltry $55. Like you this low payout has me considering trying to max income by running Lyft in parallel and giving up on the quest. I'd love to see that $120/80 ride quest again...I wonder why yours is comparatively high relative to mine, do you have "diamond" status or any idea why?

Riser

Hmm, seems like Uber is slowly turning into Lyft by phasing out quest until there won't be any. At least Uber still provide good surge on a regular basis.

UberMor

@Arb Watson posted in one of these threads that while reading through the SEC filings Uber stated they are phasing out quests and CTB and expect driver dissatisfaction.

What really pisses me off are the surge games. They don’t even hide it at Logan anymore. I used to end my tues morning shift with a surge ride from Logan that was clock work.

Now you see 0 cars in the queue and no surge all the time. B.S.

john1975

My Uber M-Th quest has been steadily declining the past three months. This week my "platinum" 80 ride quest was a paltry $55. Like you this low payout has me considering trying to max income by running Lyft in parallel and giving up on the quest. I'd love to see that $120/80 ride quest again...I wonder why yours is comparatively high relative to mine, do you have "diamond" status or any idea why?
The 80/120 is for the weekend. Not worth it.
Post automatically merged:

How are you staying on the filter and stopping new requests?

Not at the same time. Stop requests when it’s surging and filters at bar close or when I’m ready to go home.

Riser

From Uber:
“As we aim to reduce driver incentives to improve our financial performance, we expect driver dissatisfaction will generally increase,” the company said. It also noted that as it continues to invest in self-driving cars, “it may add to driver dissatisfaction over time, as it may reduce the need for drivers.”

The writing on the wall is getting ever thicker boys. Incentives will keep on shrinking and eventually, surge will also disappear!

Diamondraider

From Uber:
“As we aim to reduce driver incentives to improve our financial performance, we expect driver dissatisfaction will generally increase,” the company said. It also noted that as it continues to invest in self-driving cars, “it may add to driver dissatisfaction over time, as it may reduce the need for drivers.”

The writing on the wall is getting ever thicker boys. Incentives will keep on shrinking and eventually, surge will also disappear!
Driver surge will be gone. Not pax

asian_storm

We are returning slowly the $ 1000 they gave us.

john1975

100 rides for $550
Truthfully that was hell. You had to drive some shitty times like 3-7 weekdays and mornings on top of weekends. And demand was much slower than. Those hundred rides would take almost 50 hours because lots of drivers working those same required hours. Also there was no ctb or tips in app.

Shmo313

Truthfully that was hell. You had to drive some shitty times like 3-7 weekdays and mornings on top of weekends. And demand was much slower than. Those hundred rides would take almost 50 hours because lots of drivers working those same required hours. Also there was no ctb or tips in app.
Not the original one. The original one which lasted about a month you could do the rides at any time, anywhere. It was by far the best one I've seen in 4 years.

Shmo313

If I was you I'd learn how to make money without the ctb or quests. I dont ever get ctbs because I refuse to accept stacked pings without being able to see the map. And any quests I hit are the small ones because the large ones arent worth it. All these driver subsidies which account for 800 million a year in losses for uber are not gonna be around forever so the drivers who can still make good money without them are the ones that will thrive.

asian_storm

If I was you I'd learn how to make money without the ctb or quests. I dont ever get ctbs because I refuse to accept stacked pings without being able to see the map. And any quests I hit are the small ones because the large ones arent worth it. All these driver subsidies which account for 800 million a year in losses for uber are not gonna be around forever so the drivers who can still make good money without them are the ones that will thrive.
The market is great now, I dont believe anyone is out there driving and not making great money one way or another. I am happy people stop posting their earnings all the time and bragging about it - it is clear, it is easy money, at least until the mid June.

Surge will be back in full swing when the only drivers are robots.

Spot on. It will surge like the old days. Multiplier surge will be back down the road when they no longer have to pay drivers. That's when those that invested in Uber will see big returns. Until then it will be a rocky road on Wal-Street. Buy and Hold.

CaptainToo

For the first time in about a year, tomorrow I will run the Lyft app in parallel with Uber. Good bye CTBs and quests. And between 7AM-10AM, prestart all trips to cancel any to Logans...

smooth ride

For the first time in about a year, tomorrow I will run the Lyft app in parallel with Uber. Good bye CTBs and quests. And between 7AM-10AM, prestart all trips to cancel any to Logans...
The only time Ctb is worthwhile is when it’s so busy, the algorithm doesn’t have time to manipulate your driving pattern.