How Hourly Guarantee Works and doesn't Work

UberLaLa

For those of you that go on vacation or are not able to get in the 25 Trips in a week for whatever reason, you will most likely need to do Hourly the following week. I am not listing below what Uber clearly states in the App about percentages etc... And, I learned these things the hard way.
  • You must have 1.5 Trips average for the Hours Online in Driver mode during the promotional period/s that day.
  • You may or may not be able to apply Trips outside of the Core towards Hourly - proceed at your own risk. (I only do Core Trips)
  • There are TWO 30 Trip Promotions during Hourly week. One is Mon-Thur the other Fri-Sun. The 30 Trip promotion trips must start in the L.A. Core. (I have gotten them both, the 3 times I drove Hourly - this past week it was an additional $350 total : )
  • If you drive all of the Hourly Guarantee hours correctly and get the Two 30 Trip Promos - you will be in Driver mode at least 60 hours and easily earn over $2k that week.
  • Uber regulates how many Pings they send to Hourly drivers. If you do not accept all the pings they send you way, it can be difficult to average the 1.5 Trips in the full Hourly period. (I drove half the amount of miles I do when I am not on Hourly)
Good Luck!

eman1122

Is it wrong that I love the hourly guarantee as opposed to the incentives? Based on the e-mail I get regarding the hourly guarantees, I can drive in non-core areas and those trips count. I just won't get the bonus if my trips are non-core. I could care less about the bonus. Being able to make over $500
in 18 hours (net) is fine with me any weekend.

kes1981

For the hourly, all trips in LA county count. The $150 bonus only counts rides from the Core. For the Monday-Thursday period, you pretty much need all your rides to be in the Core. For the Friday-Sunday, driving normally will usually get you the 30 core rides.

I have always hit every hour and bonus for the hourly guarantee; I have never made 2k. The most I have made is between $1,700 - $1,800.

Monday-Thursday the pings are REALLY hard to come by in the Core. Friday-Sunday, pings flow as normal. I usually get 3+ rides an hour during the weekend, but get around 2 rides an hour during the week.

Make sure to give your friends and family Pool rides. Just keep randomly dropping the pin and changing the destination until the fare is $2. Then have your "friend" ping you; easy game. I have had to do this quite a bit on the weekdays; the pings are just too few and far between. I really abused this two weeks ago (gave myself like 23 rides) and was shocked I didn't get in trouble. You have to be careful with this, I save my "friend" rides for the weekday since the weekend is just non-stop.

kes1981

Is it wrong that I love the hourly guarantee as opposed to the incentives? Based on the e-mail I get regarding the hourly guarantees, I can drive in non-core areas and those trips count. I just won't get the bonus if my trips are non-core. I could care less about the bonus. Being able to make over $500
in 18 hours (net) is fine with me any weekend.
I live outside the core as well, but I find that non-core rides tend to be longer. In the core, most rides are shorties; finishing off a 13 hour block of guarantees in 5 hours and under 100 miles driven isn't possible out of the core.

eman1122

I live outside the core as well, but I find that non-core rides tend to be longer. In the core, most rides are shorties; finishing off a 13 hour block of guarantees in 5 hours and under 100 miles driven isn't possible out of the core.
Yeah I guess it depends on where you drive in non-core areas. I do have to admit, I am guaranteed to end up in the core area during certain times in certain areas.

Frank Ditt

For those of you that go on vacation or are not able to get in the 25 Trips in a week for whatever reason, you will most likely need to do Hourly the following week. I am not listing below what Uber clearly states in the App about percentages etc... And, I learned these things the hard way.
  • You must have 1.5 Trips average for the Hours Online in Driver mode during the promotional period/s that day.
  • You may or may not be able to apply Trips outside of the Core towards Hourly - proceed at your own risk. (I only do Core Trips)
  • There are TWO 30 Trip Promotions during Hourly week. One is Mon-Thur the other Fri-Sun. The 30 Trip promotion trips must start in the L.A. Core. (I have gotten them both, the 3 times I drove Hourly - this past week it was an additional $350 total : )
  • If you drive all of the Hourly Guarantee hours correctly and get the Two 30 Trip Promos - you will be in Driver mode at least 60 hours and easily earn over $2k that week.
  • Uber regulates how many Pings they send to Hourly drivers. If you do not accept all the pings they send you way, it can be difficult to average the 1.5 Trips in the full Hourly period. (I drove half the amount of miles I do when I am not on Hourly)
Good Luck!
Thanks Uberlala, I have learned the hard way but I will not miss again. Especially by one ride.

UberLaLa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For the hourly, all trips in LA county count. The $150 bonus only counts rides from the Core. For the Monday-Thursday period, you pretty much need all your rides to be in the Core. For the Friday-Sunday, driving normally will usually get you the 30 core rides.

I have always hit every hour and bonus for the hourly guarantee; I have never made 2k. The most I have made is between $1,700 - $1,800.

Monday-Thursday the pings are REALLY hard to come by in the Core. Friday-Sunday, pings flow as normal. I usually get 3+ rides an hour during the weekend, but get around 2 rides an hour during the week.

Make sure to give your friends and family Pool rides. Just keep randomly dropping the pin and changing the destination until the fare is $2. Then have your "friend" ping you; easy game. I have had to do this quite a bit on the weekdays; the pings are just too few and far between. I really abused this two weeks ago (gave myself like 23 rides) and was shocked I didn't get in trouble. You have to be careful with this, I save my "friend" rides for the weekday since the weekend is just non-stop.
All good Replies from everyone.

If I woulda' done my Weekday nights correctly I would have Earned $1800 this week. That said, kes1981 are you driving both morning and evening Hourly guarantee periods? Cuz, if I drove the mornings as well, I would have done over $2k last week.

Thanks!

kes1981

All good Replies from everyone.

If I woulda' done my Weekday nights correctly I would have Earned $1800 this week. That said, kes1981 are you driving both morning and evening Hourly guarantee periods? Cuz, if I drove the mornings as well, I would have done over $2k last week.

Thanks!
Yeah you're right. I work so can't drive mornings. Completely forgot they existed.

LA Dispatcher

Good Luck!
Do both 30 trip bonuses have to be done during the hourly block?

LA Dispatcher

Seems like the friend threshold is pretty lax. Wonder what's the most people have done it before getting red-flagged or blocked from a driver.

uber strike

you forgot acceptance rates. uber didn't pay me the so called guarantee. i emailed, and the response was that i had a low acceptance rate. i didn't know that your acceptance rate during non guarantee hours count toward your "guarantee".
there's no way i'm going to be accepting trips that are not beneficial to me, during those hours that the incentives are not in place. they got me f'd up.

UberLaLa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
you forgot acceptance rates. uber didn't pay me the so called guarantee. i emailed, and the response was that i had a low acceptance rate. i didn't know that your acceptance rate during non guarantee hours count toward your "guarantee".
there's no way i'm going to be accepting trips that are not beneficial to me, during those hours that the incentives are not in place. they got me f'd up.
I did not list anything that is already clearly listed in the App list. And, the Acceptance Rate is on the week...

eman1122

Is hourly better than platinum? seems like it.
If you're full-time and live in areas like Downtown, Santa Monica, Hollywood, etc. the metals are best. If you live out in other places like Santa Clarita/Palmdale/Lancaster, SFV, SGV and are part-time, then I think the hourly works better.