How hard is it to make $1000 a month??

Fatjoe

im thinking about getting back into this mess to pay off some debt and possibly pay off my home down the road...anyway I have a full time job but I'm looking to make about $1000 a month part time...is this possible?? Without working past 11 at night?? I'm not really down with dealing with sbags and dealing with drunks...

Uzcaliber

$1000/month=$250/week. Let's say you are on 20% Uber commission (not newer drivers) and without Surge, so it's about 400 miles total trip/week. Let's say your average trip is 7 miles, so you need about 50 trips/week or 200 trips/month. If you are lucky and hit an average of 1.3x Surge (combining with non-Surge, average out) then it's about 150 trips/month. It's just a rough estimate. If you are a newer driver under 28% Uber commission, you need more trips.

timothyj

im thinking about getting back into this mess to pay off some debt and possibly pay off my home down the road...anyway I have a full time job but I'm looking to make about $1000 a month part time...is this possible?? Without working past 11 at night?? I'm not really down with dealing with sbags and dealing with drunks...
IMPOSSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diamond_Vision

Well get out there and try. That's the only way to find out. Understand we are all in competition with each other so I doubt people will share there secrets or spots. Every time I have done that, within a few days there are 3-4 uber drivers there....Not anymore

buck

Easy, VERY easy. Of course it depends on how many hours your drive. I drove 2 hours today and made $50. Days I drive 4 to 5 hours are always $150 to $200. I drive PT by the way.

timothyj

ugh fine ill throw you some freebies.

western burbs in the mornings. 3am-7am, almost all airport trips, all white people not to sound racist

specifically plymouth ep minnetonka SLP hotel and business parks and highway intersections like 394 and 100.

dont drive from 6pm-10pm you wont make any money

timothyj

Well get out there and try. That's the only way to find out. Understand we are all in competition with each other so I doubt people will share there secrets or spots. Every time I have done that, within a few days there are 3-4 uber drivers there....Not anymore
OMG SO TRUE!

Flirtygirl

Easy, VERY easy. Of course it depends on how many hours your drive. I drove 2 hours today and made $50. Days I drive 4 to 5 hours are always $150 to $200. I drive PT by the way.
R U XL?? I'm 4/X, I made $180 once (Uber only) and that was before two cuts! It always takes me 4 to 6 hours to make over $100. I typically drive 6 hrs per day, I never make it close to $200, let alone $150. Maybe $120 or $130 after gas. Maybe with one or two surges in the mix. Drive mode: 80% Lyft and 20% Uber; rate for both is 20%; drive anywhere from 10/11am to midnight/1am. M - Su. No early am's and no late nights. T, W, & Th are blah!! :frown: I cover all areas: Airport, NE, N, S, SE, Uptown, DT, St. Louis Park, Bloomington, Edina, Minnetonka, St. Paul, Maplewood, etc..

Last edited:

Curmudg

Last year I was paying down some debt, and had an impending hip surgery - I was making 700-800 a week (PT, but I worked before work after work and all weekends). Now post surgery, I'm working much less, 250-400 a week pretty regularly - gross - this doesn't include gas/depreciation (which I've recently put $1000 into my car, front end and spark plugs) so mileage does add up - but $1,000 a month gross is pretty easy. (I make around $30 an hour working Sat and Sun a.m.s and maybe an event night - you'll have some $10 hours in there, but if you hang in there, you'll pull a couple $50 hours, and pretty steadily, around $30 an hour average (I drive a XL though, that helps with the average hour, but expenses are higher of course)

e.g. If I work all day Sat (like 6:00 a.m. till 6:00 p.m. with an afternoon break) - I'll make about 250, minus a full tank of gas.

BruiserB

Yea, it's pretty easy to do $200-$300 a weekend just by working 5am-2pm or so on Saturday and Sunday. I find it's important to start by 5 to get an airport trip or two in....it slows down a bit from 7-9 or so typically, but then picks back up as people go to brunch, etc. That's pretty much what I do. I don't drive bar time at all. Sometimes I turn it on on my commute home to downtown Mpls from Golden Valley as I may get paid to basically drive home, but I haven't done this for a while. Kind of hate it when I expected to head home and I get a crazy request to take someone to Maple Grove instead!

Curmudg

Yea, it's pretty easy to do $200-$300 a weekend just by working 5am-2pm or so on Saturday and Sunday. I find it's important to start by 5 to get an airport trip or two in....it slows down a bit from 7-9 or so typically, but then picks back up as people go to brunch, etc. That's pretty much what I do. I don't drive bar time at all. Sometimes I turn it on on my commute home to downtown Mpls from Golden Valley as I may get paid to basically drive home, but I haven't done this for a while. Kind of hate it when I expected to head home and I get a crazy request to take someone to Maple Grove instead!
LOL - I've taken that "one more trip" and ended up in Andover (I live in Mendota Heights) - that's a 45 minute deadhead home!

Ozzyoz

I don't work the drunk hours and make good heavy enough although if seasons change and things slow down push will have to come to shove and I'll buy a cam so I am work drunk hours.

BaitNSwitch

1000 isn't hard at all. Work weekend nights and Sundays.

But without working past 11 and dealing with drunks...it's going to be tough. Pray for surge?

fairsailing

...I'm looking to make about $1000 a month part time...is this possible?? Without working past 11 at night??...
This is super easy with your free Lyft car. Lot's of drivers have them. I am not sure how they get them though, I have 1,200 rides on a 5.0 and I am still waiting for mine....

MJE

$250 a week is like 2, 6-hour nights of driving: sun, mon, tues, or Wednesday. Easy.

Feisal Mo

Don't do it....It's not worth it with. Where shall i start. With $1 a mile and 28% commission to Uber, you will need to drive more miles which results in more repairs and less value of your car...Also, you will most likely need to get commercial insurance since Uber is now partnering with most insurance companies otherwise your insurance company will drop as soon as you reject the commercial insurance from Uber for lying about using your car for business use. So all that extra $$$$ will be spent on insurance and upkeep. Therefore, you will end up being another uber driver working for free or at most making a minimum wage. Get a part-time weekend job making around $12-15 which is around $1000 a month.