• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How hard is it to make $100 a day?

David w

Hey guys, I've been a uber driver before when it was ALL GOOD AND DANDY, but now that there are so many drivers and the rates are crap, looking to make some extra cash quick. So the question is how hard is it? How many hours are you guys averaging to achieve it? Need to make a quick 1500 dollars.

New Member 0001365427

Hey guys, I've been a uber driver before when it was ALL GOOD AND DANDY, but now that there are so many drivers and the rates are crap, looking to make some extra cash quick. So the question is how hard is it? How many hours are you guys averaging to achieve it? Need to make a quick 1500 dollars.
Driver referrals $500 a pop good luck

Pig Pen

If I had any sense of surge I might trade my Prius C for a Lexus ES 300h. But I can't even catch surge if my life depended on it with uberX
Lexus ES300h. Looked at them. Most of the cpo had about 45k miles on them and they were $8k more than the mercedes I bought. Trunk on the mercedes bigger. Doesn't have that battery in it. Only 31k miles on the mercedes. 4 cylinder VS 6 cylinder. I know. Better gas mileage. I couldn't justify the extra $8k. Plus why would I put out an extra $8k to get a car that should be black car for passengers that won't appreciate it. It's not like they're going to tip for a bigger car. They'll just expect it to be the norm. They can cram themselves in the back of a c class. That's what the select specification is.

If they want a bigger car they should get a black car. So many drivers spending more than they have to, wanting to impress peephole that have no appreciation for it.

Have to watch your ROI.

By all means. Select cars can be as old as 7 years, I believe. So if you want. Get an older one. I put on about 45k miles a year. So around 75k it's time to dump it and re-up.

Was strange looking at the Lexus cpo. So many of them had 45k miles on them in only 3 years. Wonder if drivers leasing them for 3 years and paying 45k miles for the leases. It's just too many miles for a 3 year old car.

If I had any sense of surge I might trade my Prius C for a Lexus ES 300h. But I can't even catch surge if my life depended on it with uberX
View attachment 99520 View attachment 99521 View attachment 99522
That's an uber car. And 72k miles is way too many miles. Cars start to get expensive at that point. They break down. I don't care if it's a Toyota or not. $20k for a 4 year old car with 72k miles on it is over priced.

New Member 0001365427

Please listen to him ^^^
I kind of semi quit. Lots of in between weeks and days of not ubering has deactivated my fuel card & driving rewards (no more auto zone discount). That thing used to work all day everyday.

Was about to finish off last week but fri-mon $65 for 50 rides was ridiculous

Blunt power