HOW FAR WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO GO?!!!

SMOTY

image.png
Imagine your in my situation! Would you ever accept!!??? Maybe in desperate situation, prime time, hourly guarantees???
Even 10 min is too far for me! I've had a couple over 20 mins away this one was probably over 30 miles to get to! No thank you lol post any snapshots you have?

ND379

But he's a 5.0! Lol. I would've texted or called and explained that I am very far away and ask where he is going to see if it would be worth it. If not, politely request that he cancel and re-request so someone closer to him can get it. Then turn off driver mode for a couple of minutes.

SMOTY

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
But he's a 5.0! Lol. I would've texted or called and explained that I am very far away and ask where he is going to see if it would be worth it. If not, politely request that he cancel and re-request so someone closer to him can get it. Then turn off driver mode for a couple of minutes.
Not sure if you're serious lol but I hate accepting and asking them where they are going and just have them cancel. Because I've tried this method a few times only for them to be like " no because I'm not playing your games just to get charged" lol this has been said to me thinking they will get charged a cancellation fee. Other than that it's ok to let some go by. I try and accept all my pings especially for the weekly PDB!

SMOTY

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh yeah btw I'll accept any trips. This one was just too long but I know sometimes the pax won't want to wait 20min so they will usually just cancel :smiles:

ND379

Not sure if you're serious lol but I hate accepting and asking them where they are going and just have them cancel. Because I've tried this method a few times only for them to be like " no because I'm not playing your games just to get charged" lol this has been said to me thinking they will get charged a cancellation fee. Other than that it's ok to let some go by. I try and accept all my pings especially for the weekly PDB!
99% of the time I agree. I hate ever asking a passenger where they are going before picking them up and starting the trip. If done politely and correctly though, they will not think you are just trying to get a fee out of them but actually have their best interest at heart. In the case of a 36 minute ride away pick up, I would take my chances and call them. Usually, they are not going to want to wait that long to be picked up and will end up cancelling on you anyway when you're halfway to them. I go for the PDB as well so I accept almost all requests.

simpsonsverytall

36 min to pickup is crazy!

I thought this was going to about destination miles. I'd drive coast-coast if pax were crazy enough.

but pickup 36min? No

I'll go far only for this one location that I'm working, or for a return to my area. CALL AHEAD on crazy pickup times. Make sure they are good with the wait, and it's not a 2min trip...

not fun to deadhead 15 miles out of your hotspot, only to have your passenger cancel on you because 'it's taking too long'.

stemor

La Mirada and Downey? I used to have customers in those towns, and even they wouldn't want to go to Long Beach for dinner or drinks, on me. Driving all that way for pax of unknown destination? Nope, no way. Even if you knew the destination was somewhat interesting, this would still be a tough one to deadhead all the way to the pickup location.

But this does show how badly Uber has decimated the Lyft driver pool in LA/OC, if Lyft drivers are getting pings like this. Most people must have shut off their Lyft apps, and focused instead on Uber incentives.