How far can you be from ORD to receive a ping?

Mindozas

How about Westfield Old Orchard in Skokie around past 11pm last night lol after I dropped my last rider I'm thinking take Golf Rd West all the way to Schaumburg home. As soon as turn on Golf from the mall i started getting these pings. I accepted, 20 minutes away, i call the rider to ask if she really wanna wait that long, if not, cancel. She did. Right away I got another one. But the rider cancelled immediately. Few minutes later another one lol I'm thinking "ok, I like this game", i was 15 minutes away from the airport, i accepted and thought if the rider gonna cancel or wait. And she did wait. last night was odd as far as pickups, i received two more while I'm on a highway. Maybe it was just that specific time window with no cars available, but later I stopped by around 2am there were plenty of uberX at the staging area.

SMH Uber

I've been 14 miles away from ORD. When on guarantee I slow roll and make the cancel. 2 time I did call and tell them I was 25 mins away and if they didn't want to wait then they have to cancel.

Mindozas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well now I know. It just caught me off guard. I didn't expect that at all. Thought it's a must to start a pick up from the designated area. The way taxis and black cars do.

leroy jenkins

"Maybe it was just that specific time window with no cars available,"

I bet a flood of delayed flights arrived at once, clearing out the cabs and Uber queue.