How far are Uber drivers typically willing to drive someone?

robert henderson

Do drivers like long drives because they earn a lot of money? Or do they hate potentially having to drive back where they came from without a fare?

Maderacopy

As long as I have time I don't care about the distance. If you have a long run you can put in your return trip and Uber will try to find some rides along you path back.

wk1102

Do drivers like long drives because they earn a lot of money? Or do they hate potentially having to drive back where they came from without a fare?
Depends, define long.

I like longer rides. My market is 1.15 and usually a long ride takes me to a busier but lower paying market. I prefer them even if i have to come home empty.

Bobby Fields

I love longer rides; have done two airport rides which were not to my nearest airport (+- 80 mi.) So it takes an hour and 15 to get there, and maybe you ride back empty, but that's +- $90.00 (used to be more) which is more than I usually make in 2 hours poking around town; especially daytime, which is mostly when I drive. (I'm not in the busiest market, so this is a factor.) When you consider time between pings, and time to pick-up and find pax, I think they're good.

Squirming Like A Toad

A long ride is usually worth it, but there are safety considerations if you're going to have to be driving for an extended period, especially if you have already been driving for an extended period.

If I got a super-long ride I'd ask the passenger if I could take him a reasonable distance, and then relay him to another driver. Can't imagine anyone having a problem with that especially if I explain it might be unsafe to take him the whole way.

Adieu

Do drivers like long drives because they earn a lot of
? Or do they hate potentially having to drive back where they came from without a fare?
Surge or tip forward upfront - ANY distance

Multiple tanks of fuel, even.

Might wish for you to reorder (same driver) for manageable trip legs - so that he doesn't have a week's income riding on non-glitchy servers, cell coverage, or an unethical passenger writing 1 complaint or something ( nobody will take those seriously if you keep ordering the same guy after, plus from a new spot to which you got from prior leg )

Or might just need multitude of trips for an incentiveincentive

If Uber won't do you, try Lyft

...just listen (!) To your driver. If he turned your 300mi ride down because he's 12 hours into his shift already, it's not the service and nobody's fault, the guy's just too close to done for the day (most trips are 1-9 miles, so don't fault em for still being online)

Also if we says he can't uber past a county or state line due to regulation and you need cash or another ride from there, it's likely true