• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How does uber Dispatch ride request?

Probashi88

Hi guys! I have a question about uber dispatching the ride request, i was thinking it was automatic to the closest driver but recently I've been getting calls from further away like even 15/17 minutes away even though I'm in the surge area n uberX n without any Surg price I wonder how it happens, anyone have any idea??

Uberdude1021

We have been discussing that a lot on here. I'm not sure anyone knows why it's happening. Literally since the beginning of the year I will regularly be sitting in the middle of a big surge. No pings at all, and then when I do, it's almost always outside of the surge. Then there is the question of is uber showing the same surge to everyone and I believe the answer to that is no. To summarize, I believe that uber is just playing with us drivers. I only drive 2 to 3 days a week, weekend nights and one weekday night, but I feel for the full timers, it really feels like at times that they don't want people making that much money.

Probashi88

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im almost at the point of saying that uber has human being dispatche those requests to the drivers they want, regardless of their location. If uber is able switch rides with a closer one they can manually dispatch those surg area riders to their choice of drivers thats sad for us drivers. We get rated inappropriately and suffer for some idiot who make us make few stops n get 15 cents per minute, make us wait at thir address for over 5 minutes if you rate them low then the next day your rating goes low as well, even though uber tells you to rate rider they do not see it but I believe they do see the rating and they rate us low as well.

Jagent

Im almost at the point of saying that uber has human being dispatche those requests to the drivers they want, regardless of their location. If uber is able switch rides with a closer one they can manually dispatch those surg area riders to their choice of drivers thats sad for us drivers. We get rated inappropriately and suffer for some idiot who make us make few stops n get 15 cents per minute, make us wait at thir address for over 5 minutes if you rate them low then the next day your rating goes low as well, even though uber tells you to rate rider they do not see it but I believe they do see the rating and they rate us low as well.
I agree. As drivers, we pick up a lot of pax. So when one of them gives a low rating, it's difficult to determine which pax did it.

Most pax take very few rides. Even the most loyal Uber pax only takes two rides per day. So, when a driver gives them a low rating, it's very easy for them to guess which one did it. Then they retaliate by low rating the driver.

The problem is, pax have nothing to fear from bad ratings. Drivers get fired. The entire rating system is a farce.

Ms Stein Fanboy

Hi guys! I have a question about uber dispatching the ride request, i was thinking it was automatic to the closest driver but recently I've been getting calls from further away like even 15/17 minutes away even though I'm in the surge area n uberX n without any Surg price I wonder how it happens, anyone have any idea??
Aside from the point, but it doesn't matter if you are in the surge area. It matters where the rider is requesting from. They get surged if they are in the surge area, not if you are in one. If you were the closest to them though, and the are that far away, one would expect their area to surge since that means there aren't any drivers over there. It happens occasionally in my market, that there are no drivers available in an area, and pings start coming in from over 10 minutes away.

I agree. As drivers, we pick up a lot of pax. So when one of them gives a low rating, it's difficult to determine which pax did it.

Most pax take very few rides. Even the most loyal Uber pax only takes two rides per day. So, when a driver gives them a low rating, it's very easy for them to guess which one did it. Then they retaliate by low rating the driver.

The problem is, pax have nothing to fear from bad ratings. Drivers get fired. The entire rating system is a farce.
Most people have lives, and don't sit around waiting to see what happens to their rating after a trip, cuz it doesn't update for awhile, and one rating won't even move the overall rating. Many pax don't even know what their rating is. They occasionally ask me if I can tell them what it is. So pax dont' see what you rate them and retaliate. If you try to do that (which you can't, cuz there are no individual ratings shown, and the rating doesn't update right away, and since the average is out of 500, one pax's rating you won't move your average. That's why it's relatively stable most of the time, unless you have a run of low ratings. It doesn't matter which pax rated you waht. Just move on with your life. I've been untroubled by ratings for 3 years now, no fear and just making money doing as well at my job as I choose to do. It's not worth worrying about, or pettily wondering who rated you what like a bratty child or a US president. Rating system just weeds out the ultra stupid. I wish it did a better job of weeding cuz we got some stupid drivers in SF. And if you rate someone low, it doesn't help you if they rated you low. It does nothing for you, so what's the point. Revenge? This is the other reason pax ratings don't matter. Cuz we can't rely on them since so many drivers have arbitrary reasons for rating like this. I get 4.6 pax that show up quick and cause no trouble.