1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

How do you usually rate you riders

Discussion in 'Brisbane' started by Vic723, May 17, 2018.

1. Vic723

Vic723

I am sort of giving 5 stars to everyone but find it’s unfair to some really lovely riders. What do you rate your riders and do you have a general rule at all? I also heard that if you give your rider bad rating they can give you bad ratings accordingly as it’s not hard for them to figure out who rated them

2. Nod73

Nod73

Driving:
    UberX
    Normally 5, have given maybe 4 or 5 1 stars.

Had 4 passengers the other night, auchenflower to paddington. waited 5 min for them to come to the car, no "thank you for waiting etc", completed the trip, total snobs talking utter **** the whole time. At the end of the trip said thank you, no one said a thing just got out of car. 1 star. She already had a 4.1 rating.

Vic723 likes this.
  3. If they arent out on the curb waiting for me, thats 4stars.. if they make me wait longer, thats minus one or two more stars.If they are rude, mean, stink, etc, that’s minus 1 or 2 stars. If they are a minimum trip, thats minus 1 star.
    If they do all of the above, at worst I will give them 2 stars.. they really have to do something horrid for 1-star.
    If they do all of the above and give a cash tip, that’s auto 5-stars.

I think it’s important to rate all pax fairly and as constantly as possible becuase MANY drivers use the rating to determine whether or not to pick up a pax or not.

4. Hugh G

Hugh G

I RARELY would accept a 4.1 in the day, and only accept over 4.6 at night - NO EXCEPTIONS. This help keep my blood pressure down and I can work longer hours

Do you consider a rider's rating before accepting the trip ? How low would you accept ?

To me generally a lower rating the daytime is not as risky as that same rating at night. At night there is more chance that alcohol, or other festivity heighteners, are in play and therfore handicap a rider's neurological process.

Some Night Riders are so off their face they can't even remember how that got home last night, much less what they rated their driver.

5. I only drive days, and I will NOT accept anything lower than 4.80 ... I only put this policy into effect a few months ago and it has made a HUGE difference - more tips, less people making me wait, less idiots - seriously made a big difference.

6. Know that if you give a 1star and write a report you will automatically without fail get a 1 star in return , the anonymous thing only applies to riders , not drivers , if you write a report , the report is related via Uber paraphrase to rider, my own rating before I realised there is no investigation process plummeted to 4.8 , before I cottoned on , just rate them accordingly , forget the report unless a very serious issue , that way rider is not alerted immediately .

Cdub2k likes this.
  7. loinchop

loinchop

If you rate them 1 star you will also be unmatched from them for future rides. Getting the odd 1 star rating is worth it to never have to deal with some people again.

big dog travel and Nawdy like this.
  8. Vic723

Vic723

If you refuse too many trips, will Uber stop sending you trip request?

9. No. You are not required to accept any trips.. although you may get offers of bonuses IF you maintain a certain high-acceptance rate.

10. Vic723

Vic723

I’m not getting a lot of trip request so every time when I get one I always accepted. Maybe I should change my policy

11. Nod73

Nod73

Driving:
    UberX
    I've had people with low rating who have been great. I've had people with high ratings who have been tossers. I will generally pick up anyone, I have refused a few low ratings before though late at night when I at end of the shift and couldn't be bothered.

I've had some riders comment they accidently gave a driver a 1 star, I've actually had it happen too where the app glitches as a rider when going through, perhaps a driver retaliated when he saw a low score.

I learnt very quickly never to judge people in this job. There have been some instances where I have though this bloke is going to get a 1 star and has been totally the opposite, and vice versa.

Stick with whats working but as I said to you earlier especially being female always be aware, keep doors locked till you are satisfied.

Be interesting to have a thread on everyone's single worse ride. I got the story again night before last that we are discussing how to fake vomit on this forum too.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  12. T
    Great advice , but hey woman , don’t limit the door locking advice , no matter your gender , when parked , whether day or night , keep them door knobs closed tight.
    Keep doors locked whilst empty in motion and stationary !!!!

13. [QUOTE="Nod73, post: 3950228, member: 127965]

I've had some riders comment they accidently gave a driver a 1 star...[/QUOTE]
    That can happen easily. If the rider starts at the far left side (one star) with the intention of moving to the right (say, to five stars), they’ll find that they can’t go beyond one star. To give five stars, they need to touch the fifth star straight up.

And it’s not easy to correct. I speak from experience as a rider who has made this mistake myself.

Nod73, Who is John Galt? and Golfer like this.
  14. Vic723

Vic723

You guys please don’t laugh at me, when I accept the trips I don’t even realise that you can see the ratings too, everything happens too fast especially when I’m driving ...

Who is John Galt? and loinchop like this.
  15. Who is John Galt?

Who is John Galt? Author

Driving:
    UberX

Hmmmmm.....I am really conflicted as to whether or not I should say anything more. :D

loinchop and Nod73 like this.
  16. I had a night rider last weekend on GC rated in the low 4.2s... Young lanky legs bounced out of his house with his mate following.. cans of open beers in each hand. I had the doors locked & he asked me ‘what’s up”? I told him the ride can happen, but without the open beers on hand. Took them both a few long seconds to interpret what I said! A few minutes later they started arguing with each other over a girl & asked me to intervene. Suffice to say the ride wasn’t overly comfortable. I’ve become more & more wary of riders ratings & try to make a better judgement before accepting a low star rated rider for the obvious reasons. ;)

loinchop and Who is John Galt? like this.
  17. Cdub2k

Cdub2k

Previous drivers tried to warn you by rating them poorly and you ignored it. You could have hit "No Thanks" after seeing their but since you accepted it once you got there and noticed that they have open beers that was your chance to cancel the ride. Even though they got rid of the beers now they are in your car and will probably rate you poorly because you made them get rid of their beers. On top of that you have to put up with a group of slightly annoyed 4.2 passengers for what 10-20 minutes?

You gotta start declining some of these rides

loinchop likes this.
  18. Ridesharingforyou

Ridesharingforyou

Driving:
    UberX
    I base pax rating on their conduct! In a year, I haven't had any bad pax.

19. Sure.. an initial challenge, however this dog can maintain and deliver the expected amount of decorum.. The guys were ok & understanding after I educated them about the open alcohol policy. The uncomfortable factor happened to be about ‘sharing” one of the girls.. :eek:
    They were appreciative of the sensible advice I gave them & a 5 star rating was an acceptable gratitude received. :D

20. Nod73

Nod73

Driving:
    UberX
    Often you don't get to see the rating when accepting auto trips