1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

How Do You Use"Dead Time?"

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Karen Stein, Jan 5, 2017.

1. iUBERdc

iUBERdc Well-Known Member

I literally got an ab workout laughing so hard from this post!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  2. iUBERdc

I live smack dab in the center of my college town. When it's busy, I rarely have down time and will hang out at Sheetz for coffee if I get a few mins. But during breaks when request can come in Barry once an he, I'll sit at home sipping tea and go do a quick run and return home until the next one. I'm not sitting at a gas parking lot for 45 mins when home is 1 mile away and I can be comfy there

3. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah. it's ongoing. Sometimes they will actually pay you correctly as "one time courtesies". Then what seems to be a disturbing trend lately they say they will correct it and pay you properly but your final pay statement shows otherwise.Or for a brief while they were taking 25 % commission from me instead of the usual 20% till I howled in protest over that.. It never ends.

Dback2004 likes this.
  4. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Well one driver went back to the houses of the people he drove to the airport and broke in. Do that and sell their stuff on Ebay...

5. TotC

TotC Active Member

I understand there is good money in freelance pharmaceutical sales.

6. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, in the Uber business, your screwed.

In the taxi business, you could be printing business cards, promoting good will to hotel doormen and others who could help promote business and build your ridership and generally network.

I guess you can take a nap or something,, but a short period of time of just a couple of hours is tough to fill in.

Maybe you could see if you could dance a few sets at a local gentleman's club for the old-timer afternoon crowd?

MidKnightHer, melusine3, JTR and 4 others like this.
  7. Raisins

Raisins New Member

I normally drive weekend nights. When it's dead I go to a 711 get something to drink and sit in my car playing games on my phone.

MidKnightHer likes this.
  8. turl686

turl686 Member

Karen, when you have dead time and I have dead time, let's meet up at the QT on Big Bend at I-44. We can discuss what it's like living in a "mid-south" city.

9. iUBERdc

You can ping each other during the down time ;)

10. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

Planning my next bank robbery or carjacking.

11. AZ-XOEM

AZ-XOEM Active Member

►Either side of the lunch hour is actually kinda busy if, you're in Maryvale, Tolleson, Estrella or Laveen.

►Too often, -I'll show up to a request and, some shady character will walk up to the Passenger side window and say,...
    "I'm NOT going with you but, I need you to take this package (typically, a 20" x 20" x 10" or 12" & wrapped in dark cellophane)
    to the destination on your phone."

►He throws me a $20 and says,... "...they're expecting you."

This has been going on for several months now.

It can be quite lucrative if, you go out of your way to be in
    Maryvale, Tolleson, Estrella or Laveen between 11:AM and 1PM :rolleyes:
    (HINT, Hint, hint,...)

12. 105398

105398 Well-Known Member

at 3.5x when dark clouds roll in I hope.

MidKnightHer and iUBERdc like this.
  13. gillzillas

gillzillas Member

He obviously a taxi driver the way he talks

14. Sacto Burbs

Sacto Burbs Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Sure you can. A Sac driver I know gets tipped off for really early am rides to SFO and shows up like magic in the hotel parking lot as the closest car.

melusine3 likes this.
  15. BBHMM

BBHMM Well-Known Member

You could just call me and say "hey, it's dead out here. Why don't you come over and we can make our own action"

MidKnightHer likes this.
  16. darkshy77

darkshy77 Well-Known Member

Doing and selling coke for you... speaking of which your price is too high you need to cut it

iUBERdc and Andre Benjamin 6000 like this.
  17. Andre Benjamin 6000

Andre Benjamin 6000 Well-Known Member

Cut it....cut it....cut it....

18. UberIsAllFubared

UberIsAllFubared Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Take you out when you come to LA. :D

Andre Benjamin 6000 likes this.
  19. Andre Benjamin 6000

Andre Benjamin 6000 Well-Known Member

20. DollarStoreChauffeur

DollarStoreChauffeur Well-Known Member

It's a bot, dude. This user account was intialized and released by Uber corporate's viral management department. It's like when they shoot a satellite out into space. It will run it's course until they call it back in or shut it down remotely. This is why its responses aren't right.

We need to run the Voight Kampf test on a number of the accounts running around this forum. Stinkin' bunch of skins filling this place with propaganda. Where's Rick Deckard when you need him? Rick DeckardRick Deckard

Karen, I have a question for you: You're approaching a green light, but you notice a kitten crawling slowly across the intersection. Your rider tells you they're running late and they don't want anything to slow them down. What do you do?

TotC, MidKnightHer, melusine3 and 8 others like this.