1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

How do you treat passengers?

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by DrivingForYou, Sep 9, 2017.

?
  1. Offer them chargers, aux cord, candies, help with bags.

2. They deserve to get from A to B only.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GriffBetterPtkfgs

GriffBetterPtkfgs Member

Beautifully said.

Markeezee likes this.
  2. escott24

escott24 Active Member

that spirit comparison absolutely nails it yo....$50 for a carry-on bag!?!? brilliant

InertialObserver likes this.
  3. Friendly Jack

Friendly Jack Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It isn't the fact that riders ask to use our aux cord, Raven087, but how many riders ask to use it on a trip lasting LESS THAN 5 minutes! It's just really annoying that these types will hassle us because they can't survive without their precious music for the length of time it takes to play one song. That's what turns us into old grumps!

warrior lady and New2This like this.
  4. Safe_Driver_4_U

Safe_Driver_4_U Well-Known Member

LOL give out something a person can ingest into their body, what IDIOT dreamed that up? Well if you aren't the person legally liable! The idea of feeding pax is proof positive these companies do not care one ounce for the drivers. The legal liability for feeding pax is huge, if the driver were to encounter a dishonest con artist and their corrupt lawyer it could ruin them financially for life! U/L know this. In addition, the pay is so low a person would have to be a moron to pay for treats and the burden of constantly cleaning the car. Phone power cord and music that's a no brainer, no problem....... but feeding pax! unbelievable

5. NHDriver

NHDriver Well-Known Member

Here is what a rider deserves for their fare:

1) respect until they deserve less than that,, (that's on them, i just follow their lead)
    2) a clean vehicle - (nobody deserves to get into a dirty vehicle that is paying a fare)
    3) Courtesy - (Hello, how are you, yes ma'am, yes sir, thank you, have a great day) - anymore than that is up to them
    4) Safe Ride - they should expect to get to their destination safely
    5) a star rating based on the experience they help provide - a ride experience is a two way street

What is nice and may receive based on their attitude and courtesy:

1) help with luggage ( I usually just load and unload to protect from scratches)
    2) Charger - will give it to them if they ask nicely
    3) Assistance getting into and out of the vehicle - (depending on handicap, elders, etc)
    4) Seemed concern on my part if they are having a bad day but not taking it out on me ( don't really care how their day is going but they expect you to)

Anything beyond that is unnecessary, should not be expected. Above and beyond that deserves a tip.

Mark Campagna and Snowblind like this.

6. AllenChicago

AllenChicago Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I offer water bubble gum and breath mints.

But what is the best type of charger to have on hand? Behind the front seats I have a round plug it says 12 volts 180 Watts on it. Plus people have iPhones and Androids. Is there a charger that has a round plug on one end and an iPhone and a Android plug-in on the other end?

After two years of part-time driving, no one has ever asked me for a phone charger, but it would be a good idea to keep one on hand.

I keep my phone plugged into a little USB port in the front under the dashboard. But there's no USB port for the backseat passengers. Just that round 12 volt Outlet.

7. Snowblind

Snowblind Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    People,
    What is the big Deal about providing Aux Cords?
    I got two in the back, for Pax to use. No big Deal. They are only a couple of Bucks.
    I treat them nice, help out with the Luggage.
    The Luggage thing actually from preventing Pax to scratch my Car, obviously.
    Even though I drive Lux/Premiere, I no longer offer Water...freely. I do have a Cooler in the Trunk for emergencies though.
    For longer trips, I have Video Screens for Entertainment. And no, again I didn't install these for Ride Sharing; it was my own choice to install these a long time before I even started the Lyft/Uber thing. (Part time)

If you treat me nice, I'll treat you nicer.
    If you treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.
    That's how I tick.

Uber Crack likes this.
  8. Uber Crack

Uber Crack Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't offer candy. I'm fat and it's MY candy. I help with bags for the elderly, the disabled and the petite anorexic women.
    If they ask for an aux I will provide it in exchange for the excellent music badge. I control the volume at all times. :)

9. Snowblind

Snowblind Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Btw,
    This is the Charging Cable I provide, they are available on Amazon.
    Two for $11.00

cable.JPG

Uber Crack likes this.
  10. backcountryrez

backcountryrez Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Other than helping load your luggage into my car for your airport run and allowing you to flip down the middle seat that doubles as a cupholder, I provide nothing else. I think more than adequate legroom and soft leather seats make for a fine passenger experience.

Just don't throw up in my car.

11. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

LIKE FAMILY !

I ask them for money . . . .

Hard Rock Hotels have fully stocked refrigerators in the rooms.
    Yes you may pay $400.00 a night + for a room with a view of the beach . . .
    The stocked fridge has beer, wine, liquor, soft drinks and snacks.

If you even pick up an item to look at, sensors add an amount to your bill electronically.

This is how Uber should be.

$400.00 a night . . .

Attached Files:

MHR likes this.
  12. PrestonT

PrestonT Well-Known Member

Your choices are too extreme. I'll help with bags always. Chargers no problem. Aux cord, nope, the last intolerable music has passed through my system. Amenities, nope.

tohunt4me likes this.
  13. ShinyAndChrome

ShinyAndChrome Well-Known Member

I did the candy thing for a week. I also used to ask them if they wanted the temp changed or music. Now I ask them how day is going and engage in conversation if they want, else I don't. They don't get aux unless ask (virtually nobody does and from here on if they don't ask nicely I might star starring them down to be honest), or change in temp unless ask. If it's a lightly dressed person I may ask if they want it less cold.

I think most of us end up realizing why all the cabs we ever got into had music and temp set at the driver's preference.

My ratings are superb, btw.

Snowblind and tohunt4me like this.
  14. empresstabitha

empresstabitha Well-Known Member

A to B and a charger. I have a charging porr that has two in the front for me and two that reach to the back. Got it as radio shack was closing ( like $3.00). So there's chargers if they need them.

15. Uber Crack

Driving:
    UberX
    That's awesome. Thanks! :)

Snowblind likes this.
  16. Ghwwe72

Ghwwe72 Well-Known Member

A to B but do help with luggage and I do have phone chargers also

17. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

We all know what you provide...

https://uberpeople.net/threads/apparently-im-a-prostitute.200403/page-3#post-3009470

I love you!

Ezridax and Uber Crack like this.
  18. Uber Crack

Driving:
    UberX
  19. Safe_Driver_4_U

Safe_Driver_4_U Well-Known Member

I was at the airport, saw an old crippled up senior Uber driver lifting large heavy suitcases out of his trunk for a 30 something strong looking millenial.

20. Uber Crack

Driving:
    UberX
    :mad: :(