How do you tip? Electronically⚡or Cash💰?

How will you tip as a customer?

• Total voters

Mkang14

Interesting 🤔

So even with the Corona going around, many of you are not deterred from using cash.

You really have to wonder how much bodily fluids and from which orifice(s) has been on that bill.
20200309_074528.gif

Rockocubs

MY trips are short just down to pick up the uber mobile after oil change and tire rotation so always Tip $3 cash and sometime add a little in the app as well.

Invisible

I try to do a combination, give a tip on my debit card, and then tip cash.

Saturday, I got a tea at a coffee shop. The woman seemed stunned when I gave her a cash tip.
Post automatically merged:

Interesting 🤔

So even with the Corona going around, many of you are not deterred from using cash.

You really have to wonder how much bodily fluids and from which orifice(s) has been on that bill.
View attachment 426975

I’ve thought of that before about icky things on cash, way before the coronavirus. I use the cash that pax gave me.

I prefer just using my debit card, but I give cash because I know the servers prefer cash. I rarely go to a coffee shop or out to dinner anyways. And no tipping at Culver’s.

TomTheAnt

If I have suitable cash, I'll tip my driver in cash. If not, in the app it is, before the ride ends, so I can tell the driver that it's already there. No "I'll tip in the app." from me.

From pax? I don't care which method it comes in. I don't discriminate. As long as it comes. Cash is always nice, but app is fine, too. My tipping percentage is around 75-80%, so I'm okay with both methods.

Amos69

Cash tips guarantee a 5 star on the driver and rider side.

I always have change for a $100 for the ones that think they can pull one out as if they want to tip and are making a play I don’t have change.
I have only 1 starred 7 people. 3 of those had already tipped. A dangerous or rude person is still dangerous or rude even if they tip 100%.

If I have cash I will tip cash, but often I just do not carry cash anymore, so usually I tip in the app.

Mkang14

I’m not scared of coronavirus. I’m 33, and healthy. Coronavirus is just the new flu. If you are old, with other diseases, do avoid the coronavirus. If you are a strong, healthy 33 year old guy, don’t change because of the new flu.
Parents, grandparents and other family/loved ones. I'm not scared for myself. But my dad already looks sick for the past few years and my grandparents are in their 80's 🤦‍♀️. I want them around as long as possible.

Everyone should be careful until this new scare calms down.

Kodyhead

Who cares
I'm just happy if they tip

As to how I tip, I never have
I have never taken an uber/lyft anywhere
I have my own car, don't drink or chill, so I have no reason to
You should just take a few short rides and check out your competition lol

Ask the same questions you get asked all the time and then think to yourself if you can come up with answers better than this guy to get tips like a job interview.

And like a job interview and resume. LIE

Amos69

I’m not scared of coronavirus. I’m 33, and healthy. Coronavirus is just the new flu. If you are old, with other diseases, do avoid the coronavirus. If you are a strong, healthy 33 year old guy, don’t change because of the new flu.
I'm 55 and not worried either. I have no outlying health issues, and we think we already had it anyways

Chorch

Parents, grandparents and other family/loved ones. I'm not scared for myself. But my dad already looks sick for the past few years and my grandparents are in their 80's 🤦‍♀️. I want them around as long as possible.

Everyone should be careful until this new scare calms down.
Well that yes, I agree. But me myself: I tip cash (that’s the thread’s question). I’m not sick.

BTW: I chose the no tip, I’m cheap answer because it’s funny ☺️

MiamiKid

Not so long ago there was a discussion about cash tips versus electronic tips.

Some, such as myself always tip electronically and made it a point to bring up how dirty cash is (along with many other negatives). Others say they always tip cash 💵 because it's not taxed, etc.

Now with the new 🍺 scare, as a uber driver, do you still want cash tips?

As the customer, do you still prefer to give out cash tips?

💰 Not carrying this around 🤷‍♀️

I'm 100% electronic. And tip all drivers who provide good service. 👍

And, also, carry very little cash anymore.

UbaBrah

I never tip cash because I don't have it on me. So I do a standard thing of $3 in the app for a short trip or $5 if it's a little longer. With the caveat that it was safe and the driver was pleasant. I don't really understand people going out for the night and not tipping. I always do it when I am a pax and going for drinks, and really, what is $3 if you're going to spend $100-150 on booze or whatever anyway.

UberBastid

No matter where, I tip in cash.
If I'm at a restaurant and I pay with a cc, I tip in cash.

To me, a tip is a gift ... between me and the recipient.
The gov't (or anyone else, including the boss) doesn't need to know about it, unless the recipient wants to tell.
It is nobody's business but ours.
So, I don't like the idea of a record of the 'gift'.
It's private.

So, cash.