• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How do you tell passengers that you don't allow eating in the car?

HyundaiBigDog

It was superbowl night, right after the game, and this lady brings in a giant tray of chicken covered with aluminum foil and just places it on the seat next to her. I got scared it would fall and make a giant mess. As she's excitedly telliing me about the game, I said "you got that chicken locked down?" She says "yup". But I didn't see her do anything to hold it. As she's about to get out, she says, here you go, and starts opening the aluminum foil to give me a piece! I said no I'm good... You sure?... yes. Not gonna use the term locked down with food any more.

OP, the right way to say it is "I'd prefer if you waited to eat", even if you plan to kick them out if they start eating.

Uber20/20

Can't have food in my car
Told couple I picked up bar closing time and they swear not gonna eat their grill onion bacon wrapped hotdog till 30 min trip to their place. Surge with 20+ miles I probably took them even they were eating oxtail soup. But little did I know, they got into small argue and woman tossed her hotdog to guy and he 90mile(u hear it u will know from back of your head) his hotdog to her. HEY HEY I yelled out and all the possible options but only thing I hear is her sobbing. Thought of let them out on 60frw I was on but they were super quite till destination. Guy ask me to wait, brings wet tower amd wipes my backseat and sorry it happen. I wish it was cash tip. I said good night,pull over next block to take some report pictures and clean up what he missed waited about an hour to turn my app back on.

steveK2016

I've struggled with this one recently and chose to not say anything to a passenger eating Oxtail Stew in a full Pool (yes, I know), for the fear of her losing her shit and dumping oxtail everywhere.

The sound of her sucking vigorously on the oxtail to get the marrow out haunts me everyday.
"I dont allow eating in my car"

Ive been allowing it if its going to be one of my last trips of the night. Guarantee they'll drop a few crumbs and I'll get a nice $50 tip to close my night.

Uber20/20

Can't have food in my car
Told couple I picked up bar closing time and they swear not gonna eat their grill onion bacon wrapped hotdog till 30 min trip to their place. Surge with 20+ miles I probably took them even they were eating oxtail soup. But little did I know, they got into small argue and woman tossed her hotdog to guy and he 90mile(u hear it u will know from back of your head) his hotdog to her. HEY HEY I yelled out and thought of all the possible options I had but only thing I hear in the back is her sobbing. Thought of let them out on 60frw I was on but they were super quite till destination. Guy ask me to wait, brings wet tower amd wipes my backseat and sorry it happen. I wish it was cash tip. I said good night,pull over next block to take some report pictures and clean up what he missed waited about an hour to turn my app back on.

1974toyota

I've struggled with this one recently and chose to not say anything to a passenger eating Oxtail Stew in a full Pool (yes, I know), for the fear of her losing her shit and dumping oxtail everywhere.

The sound of her sucking vigorously on the oxtail to get the marrow out haunts me everyday.
ROFLMAO

merryon2nd

I don't allow food to come into my car. If people take issue with this, I simply explain "I don't smoke or eat in my car, I don't expect anyone else to either." That usually is a hail lord moment for them and there's no further discussion on the matter. If they argue with my justified common sense, then its an insta-cancel.
Doors locked. No one gets in till I can see em, and make sure they don't have anything I don't want to deal with.

Other things I won't deal with:
Trying to link my car to their phone so they can play their crappy music, asking to light up a joint (BUT ITS NOT SMOKING! ITS NOT A CIGARETTE!), sneaking in booze of any type, asking to go through a drive-thru.

Its just common courtesy not to do/expect to do some things while in someone else's property.

Robkaaa

Uber is prohibited consuming food in cars on the route. It was a part of 180 days of change. Of course it's a BS, but riders don't know that

mbd

Never had a pax eat food inside my car. Airport pickup , sometimes pax say they are hungry, and I offer to stop at any restaurant. Two times they went inside and ate, about 10 minutes... both resulted in tips. Both asked multiple times" do you want something to eat" , I said I am ok
One time gave some leftover cookie or candy to some lady from Guam