• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How do you stay sane doing this “job”?

Gtown Driver

I'm not really sure. I think I just have the personality for it, but sometimes I want to just scream lots of curse words. Just not that kinda person, but I scream them internally.

mbd

What keeps you from slamming your head against a brick wall out of stress and frustration?
Try not to drive both am and pm rush hour...
avoid congested areas
1 bad minute has a way of staying with you for the next 100 minutes.

Joe Montana qb- one off season , coaching staff and joe went over all his interceptions, and they detected in certain parts of the field , his interceptions was way higher, so next year they made sure not to throw at those spots...

Same for ridesharing... certain locations, certain times and certain pax 's will make you throw interceptions...identify it, and do what joe and his coaching staff did . Dont chase money. You will be just fine by making little less.

goneubering

I guess it would depend on where you are driving. There are certain towns that I will not drive in, Boston being one of them, too many ding dongs that can't drive. A small town in Nebraska would probably be stress free.
Yes. The two keys are Time and Location which is why I don’t do bar closings.

DriverMark

1. This is a part time gig for me
2. I delivered pizza part time for 16 years (yes, 16!..... was only supposed to be for 6 months LOL). I learned a few things during those years
  • I'm part time, I don't "need" the money (hence less stress)
  • Take the good with the bad .... yes, sometimes things suck, but sometimes things are good .... gotta just roll with it and take the good with the bad
  • Goals -- I don't stress about per hour, per mile, whatever current flavor of whine being passed here that day .... I have my $$ goals for a night and week. I work towards those and once hit it call it a day if I feel like it or keep rolling if I choose
3. Best part about Uber/Lyft/DD ..... If I'm not feeling it, I just log off! Or I just don't log on. Something you can't do when you are an employee and have a boss and a schedule to stick to.

This is seriously one of the easiest jobs I have ever had. No boss looking over my shoulder. I can work as much or little as I want. No set schedule other than what I set. Slow I can surf the net, play Pokemon Go, practice my Spanish. Oh, and if I see a customer and think: Oh HELL NO! .... bam.... CANCEL BUTTON ..... seriously, how much better can that all be? Ok, maybe a bit higher pay rate would be nice :smiles:.

UberBastid

What keeps you from slamming your head against a brick wall out of stress and frustration?
I haven't read all the posts, so ... sorry if this is a dup, but ... I used alcohol and drugs. I call them "medicine" because it often keeps me from going completely off the rails.
A shot of tequila and a couple hits off the bong will get me through the first four hours of a shift. After that I count on those airplane sized containers, and mom's special brownies.

Diamondraider

Where is here ? That I know, not even New York. Pretty much you're saying you make clean about a$1000.00/week (40Hours). I would love to move there and make $1,000.00 clean per week or just a desperate Uber promoter with no skills at all. LMAO
Grossing $1000 a week is not a unicorn. But expenses are very high due to poor infrastructure. Insurance is much higher also and TNC inspections are mandatory ($ and insurance company now knows you rideshare). Gas is above average and services are very expensive.

We have additional background checks (14% deactivated 4/17, 11k+ drivers.)

So I’m saying he is 100% accurate and you shouldn’t move here.
Post automatically merged:

We now have between 150k and 200k active drivers causing the ass hats on Beacon Hill to discuss congestion charges aimed specifically at reducing rideshare cars in the city.

This the Boston approach...taxes and fees driving people under. They don’t have the stones to cap the driver count like NYC.

Last edited:

UsedToBeAPartner

This is NOT a job. It's something you can do as a hobby or as an emergency supplement while looking for a job but, unlike a few years ago, driving rideshare is now a losing proposition and will never qualify as a job.

john1975

Where is here ? That I know, not even New York. Pretty much you're saying you make clean about a$1000.00/week (40Hours). I would love to move there and make $1,000.00 clean per week or just a desperate Uber promoter with no skills at all. LMAO
I’m in Boston and it’s easy to make $1,000 in 25-30 hours. Other cities I’m better I’m sure.

Rosalita

I limit my driving to like, 4 hours, and that's it. If I make my daily objective, fine, if not, then oh well. I'm not working this job 8 hours a day to make less than minimum wage, destroy my vehicle, and my health. Lyft has made it impossible to earn any money off this job now. So it's just for "chump change." If pax ask me, I tell them, "Lyft has removed the opportunities to earn a full time living off this type of employment. Uber, too. So thank you for this ride. It's greatly appreciated." And I get nice tips.