• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How do you stay sane doing this “job”?

Ssgcraig

I enjoy driving. Why are you so frustrated? The pay?
I guess it would depend on where you are driving. There are certain towns that I will not drive in, Boston being one of them, too many ding dongs that can't drive. A small town in Nebraska would probably be stress free.

Not a promoter, been doing it since 2015. Boston market. Strategy needs to be implemented and ensure it works. Crappy drivers here make 12-15 an hour. When I was full blown full time, working 70 hours a week, I would make about $1,500 - $1,900 a week betwen Lyft and Uber. That was before/during the last rate cut here (November 2018). That also left me no time with family. Making $1,000 a week in this market is not really a comfortable living in any job. Fort Myers is flooded with ants, too hard to make good money.
I know guys in the Fort Myers area who work about 16 to 20 hours a day 7 days a week and don't even make $600.00 gross. As well know a driver who move from Boston and he was telling me the same as you, reason why I ask in what market where you making $1,000.00. After 3 years and over 3K rides I stop driving, got me a regular job, I'm much happy, not destroying my cars and the most important thing is no dealing with Uber/Lyft app and be rate by stupid drunks or scammers.

Ssgcraig

I know guys in the Fort Myers area who work about 16 to 20 hours a day 7 days a week and don't even make $600.00 gross. As well know a driver who move from Boston and he was telling me the same as you, reason why I ask in what market where you making $1,000.00. After 3 years and over 3K rides I stop driving, got me a regular job, I'm much happy, not destroying my cars and the most important thing is no dealing with Uber/Lyft app and be rate by stupid drunks or scammers.
Amen. My brother did Uber in 2016 Cape Coral/FT Myers, said it wasn't busy enough then. It's all about the market that you are driving in.

Munsuta

What keeps you from slamming your head against a brick wall out of stress and frustration?
As soon as this job starts messing with my Zen, I log off. Problem solved I also don't take anything personal and if I have a bad passenger I say to myself thanks for the money sucker. 1 star and reported.

nosurgenodrive

What keeps you from slamming your head against a brick wall out of stress and frustration?
Peaceful music. Dress for the weather, psychologically speaking. Assume every driver on the road is an idiot. Treat each passenger as if you were actually picking up a friend.

These aren't 100% effective tactics, but they help mitigate the psychic shrapnel that is constantly flying around you. I have a spotify playlist if you want it.
Post automatically merged:

As soon as this job starts messing with my Zen, I log off. Problem solved I also don't take anything personal and if I have a bad passenger I say to myself thanks for the money sucker. 1 star and reported.
he who controls the spice . . .

Ubermcbc

Oh, when I was full time I was constantly an emotional wreck. Now that I have a day job that utilizes my education, I just tell myself "I don't have to do this. It's just for a little extra $$. I don't have to do this. It's just for a little extra $$…..…." Over and over again.
Keep doing it until you do it my mistake in a high pitch voice and the pax starts reporting you as a cuckoo driver to guber to take you out of your misery by permanent deactivation. Lol.

ANT 7

I don't find driving stressful or frustrating. On a sunny and hot day it's fantastic.......-40 not so good.

amazinghl

I don't have strangers riding in my car, that makes me feels good. I can deal with food, they don't talk back or act.

Clothahump

I only drive part time. It gives me some pocket money, I get out of the house, and I get to meet new folks. The only stress is the other people on the road, all of whom have their collective heads up their butts while they are driving.

Fozzie

It sounds like you're "working" too hard.

I put in 20-26 hrs a week, but the majority of those hours are spent at home doing other NON RIDESHARE things while I wait for pings.