• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How do you stay sane doing this “job”?

Matt Uterak

Oh, when I was full time I was constantly an emotional wreck. Now that I have a day job that utilizes my education, I just tell myself "I don't have to do this. It's just for a little extra $$. I don't have to do this. It's just for a little extra $$…..…." Over and over again.

Although pay is quite poor in most areas, I don’t understand the blinding frustrations many have.

I get ticked once in awhile, but it is pretty easy. More dangerous than many job, but common sense tells us that before we start.

A lot of foggy windows :smiles:
Post automatically merged:

Here, it's about $25 an hour. Give or take.
Where is here ? That I know, not even New York. Pretty much you're saying you make clean about a$1000.00/week (40Hours). I would love to move there and make $1,000.00 clean per week or just a desperate Uber promoter with no skills at all. LMAO

Last edited:

Matt Uterak

Where is here ? That I know, not even New York. Pretty much you're saying you make clean about a$1000.00/week. I would love to move there and make $1,000.00 clean per week or you just a low lifer liar or just a desperate Uber with no skills at all. LMAO
One could easily make $1,000 net in SF, for example.

I had a net of $700-800 in Denver well before they raised the rates back up along with minimum fare working 45ish hours a week.

In my current market one would have to be online 70 hours to make $500-600 net per week. Most of that is down time as population and usage are quite low.

Ssgcraig

Where is here ? That I know, not even New York. Pretty much you're saying you make clean about a$1000.00/week (40Hours). I would love to move there and make $1,000.00 clean per week or just a desperate Uber promoter with no skills at all. LMAO
Not a promoter, been doing it since 2015. Boston market. Strategy needs to be implemented and ensure it works. Crappy drivers here make 12-15 an hour. When I was full blown full time, working 70 hours a week, I would make about $1,500 - $1,900 a week betwen Lyft and Uber. That was before/during the last rate cut here (November 2018). That also left me no time with family. Making $1,000 a week in this market is not really a comfortable living in any job. Fort Myers is flooded with ants, too hard to make good money.