How do you request a COMMUTE ride?

LEAFdriver

OK. I'm a commute driver....but I don't know how people request COMMUTE rides.

Does anyone have a clue? Do you have to register to become a commute pax?

What is the secret to getting one?

pizza guy

Does anyone actually get matched? The $10 is nice but I'd like to collect the $100 at some point.

LEAFdriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Does anyone actually get matched? The $10 is nice but I'd like to collect the $100 at some point.
Yes.....but seems to be no rhyme nor reason to when and/or how. I got matched my first day and then again about 5 weeks later once. But my husband, can't get a match to save his life (or to get the $100). 'Commute' does not show up as an option for the pax in this area at all....at least that's what it looks like so far.

SMH Uber

That does explain the $100 bonus?

Are there certain criteria surrounding completing 1 ride? I've seen some say they received $10. But wish for the $100.

pizza guy

You get $10 every time you log on and drive for a minimum of 10 miles during rush hour even without a match. It's kind of like the destination filter.
You get $100 when you complete your first ride.

I have been matched exactly once in COMMUTE mode, even though I've been doing it every weekday for the past couple months. I asked the guy how he requested UberCOMMUTE. He said that Uber asked him (he can't remember if it was via the app or an email) if he wanted to OPT IN to COMMUTE. He said he chose to opt in because it sometimes takes a while to get a car where he lives and he figured this would increase his odds of getting a closer car assigned to him.

For the incentive for the first trip, you MUST be referred by another driver to get the $100, otherwise you only get $50. If anyone would like a referral link, please PM me.