How Do You Reply to Pax When they ask how do u like driving for U/L?

NHDriver

Ok I am interested in hearing your replies, for real. I am sure you get asked constantly, "So how do you like driving for U/L?" For some unknown reason, pax think we are killing it and rolling in the dough. I had a pax tell me that one driver said he makes $3500 a week. My reply was, not in this market he doesn't maybe $3500/mo. She looked confused with that answer.

My reply is typically the same every time. I reply back "It's a pretty good part time gig. Can't really make a living doing this. It works out to be about $10-$12/hr when it's all said and done. But I meet some great people, get out of the house and make a little extra to help with my kids college education (plug for a tip)"

I drive a Lexus, so I get a lot of, well this is a nice car for $10/hr. I reply, I had this car before I started to drive U/L. Started doing it between jobs now it's just extra income for tuition (second plug for tip).

Who is the knucklehead lying to pax about how much we make?

tohunt4me

Ok I am interested in hearing your replies, for real. I am sure you get asked constantly, "So how do you like driving for U/L?" For some unknown reason, pax think we are killing it and rolling in the dough. I had a pax tell me that one driver said he makes $3500 a week. My reply was, not in this market he doesn't maybe $3500/mo. She looked confused with that answer.

My reply is typically the same every time. I reply back "It's a pretty good part time gig. Can't really make a living doing this. It works out to be about $10-$12/hr when it's all said and done. But I meet some great people, get out of the house and make a little extra to help with my kids college education (plug for a tip)"

I drive a Lexus, so I get a lot of, well this is a nice car for $10/hr. I reply, I had this car before I started to drive U/L. Started doing it between jobs now it's just extra income for tuition (second plug for tip).

Who is the knucklehead lying to pax about how much we make?
I smile
And say
" My parole officer says i have to keep a job".

He referred me before i got out . . .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-20-01-29-53.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-20-01-29-53.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 198

tohunt4me

Crack Addicted Uber Driver robs string of gas stations . . .
I posted it here at the time.
He looks like Spok.
I mean come on !
You just got out of Prison after a decade.
You have new car.
You have job . . . .
Lets go rob gas stations !
Really ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-20-01-35-29.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-20-01-35-29.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 191
  • Screenshot_2017-09-20-01-41-19.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-20-01-41-19.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 175

NHDriver

I don't like 90 cents. I liked $1.50, but not 90 cents.
when i started it was $1.20 but not any more.

Crack Addicted Uber Driver robs string of gas stations . . .
I posted it here at the time.
He looks like Spok.
I mean come on !
You just got out of Prison after a decade.
You have new car.
You have job . . . .
Lets go rob gas stations !
Really ?
So much for the background check huh?

Kodyhead

I kind of treat them like a job interview question like tell me a little about yourself, and then hit them with a story, with some tweaks depending on who I am talking too. To me this is just an opportunity to get a tip and a signal from the pax that they like to talk during rides lol