• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How do you react to a PAX with a dog

Would you turn down a PAX with a Dog

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Ask for Service papers

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Ask if it's a Service Dog

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Ask what type of function does the dog do

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Cancel ride

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

oldfart

There are no papers issued and no service papers required for a service dog

And they don’t have to wear a vest

You are permitted to ask 2 questions

1) is that a service dog?
2) what service does the dog provide?

The folks with fake service dogs know this and have answers for the questions

1) yes
2) seizure alert,

I find it’s easier to just take all dogs. I have one customer who lives close to my home. He Uber’s to work every day. And if I’m home at 8am I’ll often get the ping. He has a Great Dane. Says it’s a service dog. I think BS but I don’t care, the dog is a pleasure

MikeNY

1) yes
2) seizure alert,

I find it’s easier to just take all dogs. I have one customer who lives close to my home. He Uber’s to work every day. And if I’m home at 8am I’ll often get the ping. He has a Great Dane. Says it’s a service dog. I think BS but I don’t care, the dog is a pleasure
Do you put down a blanket or sheet or you just pull up to the next service area to vacuum?

UberLyftFlexWhatever

pizzaladee

In one year of driving rideshare I’ve had 3 dogs in the car. First one was from the airport. Pax texted and said “service dog”. Total lies. Was a tiny, drugged up dog in a carrier, which he placed in the cargo area of my suv. Wasn’t even his dog! He felt the need to text and lie thinking I wouldn’t let him in, I guess.
In the other 2 instances, the rider came to the window and asked if I would be ok with their dog coming along. I got out and grabbed the blanket and laid it on the backseat. Both rides were great, dogs didn’t move or make a sound, and both people tipped generously for me allowing their dogs to ride.

UberLyftFlexWhatever

In one year of driving rideshare I’ve had 3 dogs in the car. First one was from the airport. Pax texted and said “service dog”. Total lies. Was a tiny, drugged up dog in a carrier, which he placed in the cargo area of my suv. Wasn’t even his dog! He felt the need to text and lie thinking I wouldn’t let him in, I guess.
In the other 2 instances, the rider came to the window and asked if I would be ok with their dog coming along. I got out and grabbed the blanket and laid it on the backseat. Both rides were great, dogs didn’t move or make a sound, and both people tipped generously for me allowing their dogs to ride.
Give me a dog passenger over human any day

Hasn’t been a problem with the fake leather seats
My ride has “leatherette” interior.
Image wood covered in vinyl.
Not complaining
It’s My wood covered in My Vinyl which I clean with a leather conditioner :banghead:

hrswartz

Had a pax last month with a little Yorkie... wasn't sure at first if I'd want it in the car, owner was an older woman, felt sorry. Ended up I allowed the beast into the car and wound up with a $ 5.00 cash tip... pax said most drivers give her a hard time about the animal and she was glad I didn't... Now a bull mastif that's another story altogether!

TheDevilisaParttimer

1) yes
2) seizure alert,

Funny enough my one pax/dog ride was a great dame for seizures. It is a great dog, miss mine driving pax to location.

Zaarc

I hadn't thought about "seizure alert" before. WTF do you do if a pax has a seizure in your car?!?!