• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How do you rate Mr. B?

I got a DF ping yesterday attached with $4.75. Awesome 🤗.

If a passenger can name himself B, why cannot we remain anonymous 😡?

At first I really wanted to cancel because of his name and marginal 4.71 rating but I did not want to lose the surge.

'Hi I am B. Would you mind if I sit in the front?' I replied with 'Why' instantly. 'I want to take a closer look on you.'

At that time, there were so many ❓in my brain. After a few seconds, I replied 'Yes, I do.'

According to what I remember from my English classes, a 'yes' to the question of 'do you mind' actually means 'Yes, I mind'. Am I correct 🤔?

He took the front seat anyway. It was an uneventful ride. What I hate about the ride is that whenever I checked the blind spot during lane changes, I saw that he was looking at me😡.

When I arrived at his destination which is a Pappa Bro steakhouse, he held my hand and gave me $5 😲.

'Thank you for the ride. Do you like steak? Or at least let me buy you a drink'.

'Sorry my boyfriend is waiting for me' (I made this up). He said 'I understand' and gave me another $5 ⁉.

'In case you change your mind, give me a call'. He held my hand again and this time he gave me $10 ⁉ Is he alright ❓❓

Never expect this could be the most profitable X trip that I have ever had with a $7 surge adjustment, another $4 fare adjustment and $20 cash tip.

b.jpg

This is the most stressful drive I have ever had❗ However, he did not make me wait and at least greeted and thanked me so I gave him 3 🌟.

Ignatz

Post automatically merged:

You make up your boyfriends? 🤔
The Algorithm “conversion”
Purpose: Elimination in subject the desire for opposite gender relations
Eroding future need of “Living Wage” to necessitate the nuclear ☢ family

Khosrowshahi approves of disposable drivers living in Group homes
without family responsibility with full dedication to Uber until impending deactivation, elimination from platform and earth 🌎

Last edited:

kc ub'ing!

Gotta stand up for yourself in this gig OP! "Pardon me, I'd prefer you sit in back. Especially after your creepy comment." These @@@@@@bags will never stop their boorish behavior until called out for their bs!

A gentleman doesn't overtly flirt with someone he's doing business with. Be it Beth from accounting, a waitress or uber driver. They're working! They can't just walk away idiots! You're not doing well. They're being professional by being nice and not telling you to @@@@ off!

Last edited by a moderator:

tohunt4me

Gotta stand up for yourself in this gig OP! "Pardon me, I'd prefer you sit in back. Especially after your creepy comment." These @@@@@@bags will never stop their boorish behavior until called out for their bs!

A gentleman doesn't overtly flirt with someone he's doing business with. Be it Beth from accounting, a waitress or uber driver. They're working! They can't just walk away idiots! You're not doing well. They're being professional by being nice and not telling you to @@@@ off!
She would have been out of $20.00 and four stars then.

SinTaxERROR

i rate this story as BS
You think the OP is just being an attention @@@@@? I can be one of those too.

Give me a minute while I go put on my mini-skirt and thong panties. I absolutely insist on sitting in the front seat next to you. But please no rubbing my tanned hairy manly looking legs, unless you buy me a drink first.

And... Please don’t 3 ⭐ me because I am not willing to put out or pull it out. And no, that is not a tampon. :laugh:

doyousensehumor

I usally like to tease the new drivers, but for you I'll make an exception. You seem very sweet, and the reason why I want to help new drivers, is I don't want to see you get walked over, or get hurt.

You may notice we don't have the same respect as people in your country do. As a driver trapped in your own car, people will try to take advantage of you. You have to become assertive. Remember, alot of guys going to the bar are looking for women to have sex with. Most of the time they strike out. Then they call an uber and they get you for a driver. I highly recommend you stick to daylight hours. Or at least 5am to 10pm. I have driven a lot of nights. Your story sounds like a bar pickup at night.

Patterns. Almost all bad rides have patterns. These are warning signs. Or think of them as "Red Flags". Eventually you will pick up on these and get a sense when to cancel a ride. People get very predictable, and it starts with the first few seconds you meet them. Depending on when/where, I sometimes let one or two slide.
If a passenger can name himself B
Red flag. Person who has not a real name, tends to be trouble.
At first I really wanted to cancel
Almost... at least you had the voice in your head
4.71 rating
Red flag. Pax below 4.8 tend to be trouble. 4.99 is the best. 5.00 is a wildcard.
I am B. Would you mind if I sit in the front?' I replied with 'Why' instantly. '
Wrong answer. Correct answer is "back seat please" and stick to it. Don't let pax walk all over you.

Drivers are split on locking doors. If you keep doors locked, after you comfirmed pax, you end up unlocking all 4.

I keep front doors locked, rear unlocked. Pax tug on front door, I tell them "back seat please" if they have a problem with that, I drive off.

Diamondraider

I got a DF ping yesterday attached with $4.75. Awesome 🤗.

If a passenger can name himself B, why cannot we remain anonymous 😡?

At first I really wanted to cancel because of his name and marginal 4.71 rating but I did not want to lose the surge.

'Hi I am B. Would you mind if I sit in the front?' I replied with 'Why' instantly. 'I want to take a closer look on you.'

At that time, there were so many ❓in my brain. After a few seconds, I replied 'Yes, I do.'

According to what I remember from my English classes, a 'yes' to the question of 'do you mind' actually means 'Yes, I mind'. Am I correct 🤔?

He took the front seat anyway. It was an uneventful ride. What I hate about the ride is that whenever I checked the blind spot during lane changes, I saw that he was looking at me😡.

When I arrived at his destination which is a Pappa Bro steakhouse, he held my hand and gave me $5 😲.

'Thank you for the ride. Do you like steak? Or at least let me buy you a drink'.

'Sorry my boyfriend is waiting for me' (I made this up). He said 'I understand' and gave me another $5 ⁉.

'In case you change your mind, give me a call'. He held my hand again and this time he gave me $10 ⁉ Is he alright ❓❓

Never expect this could be the most profitable X trip that I have ever had with a $7 surge adjustment, another $4 fare adjustment and $20 cash tip.

View attachment 343235

This is the most stressful drive I have ever had❗ However, he did not make me wait and at least greeted and thanked me so I gave him 3 🌟.
He starts the ride as a 3* because a 3.0 is. “B” in the junior high school this jerk hails from.

Are you sure the destination wasn’t “MY Papa’s Steakhouse”

ariel5466

If you don't want pax in front, why do you allow pax in front?
He asked if she minded, she said she did, he got in the front anyway. Plus she's new.

@sapphirekitty1314, always keep your doors locked until you've confirmed their name and give a quick assessment of whether or not you want to do the ride. How's their behavior approaching you? Are they obviously drunk? Are they visibly dirty? Do you get a bad vibe? In this case, once you said you didn't want him in front, the red flag would be seeing him reach for the front door handle anyway. Then you know you have a problem on your hands and could cancel.

This particular situation is tricky though. On the one hand, I'd say it's good that you didn't cancel because you made bank. I'd put up with some discomfort if I knew for sure that it would be a very profitable ride (that's what she said 😂). But the problem is that you don't know that ahead of time, hindsight is 20/20. He didn't hurt you, he just acted really creepy and gave you $20 cash. But you don't know what could happen, which is why I play it safe.

LaurieLee

I might get slammed for saying this, but is your Uber picture anything like the picture you have in this forum? It's a little suggestive. I'm saying this in a motherly way not A judgemental way, I promise.
Just be careful and don't dress to get attention or tips it wont-work it just might get you in trouble.

kingcorey321

sounds like a lonely guy . at least you made money from the strange situation .
for dinner if the lady says shed going to eat i invite my self . i say something like wow sounds great i am hungry . if you would like some company im more then happy to let you buy me dinner . they pick me up on this once in a wile free dinner i get a phone # ill never call its a great time. i had 1 lady go to the mall she bought me new clothing she wanted a lot more then what i was offering in return lol. needless to say i took advantage . ow well it made her day i got free clothing its a win win.

theMezz

This is what works for me. I pull up with doors locks. Watch them closely and you will see if they are going for the front door or not. If yes, then I roll down the window and just point to back seat with my thumb. In the same motion as hitch-hiking -I do not point with my finger. That makes it a casual "get in the backseat" motion, instead of a pointing "ordering" them in the backseat. Only when they reach for the backdoor handle do I unlock the car.

As soon as they get in they must notice my front seat all the way forward - and I will immediately say "I keep the front seat forward, so riders have a lot of room in the back seat" .. 9 of 10 people who tried to sit up front, seem to appreciate it then.

Also I keep a small canvas bag on front seat and a yellow microfiber cloth folder up neatly. Most pax who attempt the front seat will seat that and don't even try to sit up front.

Also good to stay locked because sometimes a little kid that you didn't even see will jump in the back seat, and wait for mom or dad to come out. Then you are stuck with a kid kicking your seat and it might be an an argument to get them out due to no booster seat.

Most cars have option to program the locks to stay locked when you stop and/or put the car in park - or only open the driver door.

Consider these two signs: